You would think jesus would pay his bills. but i guess not.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Someone, not you, is failing to keep up.

#31     Feb 3, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

it's no more a rationalization than your comment is. you are attempting to reconcile something that, by definition, is beyond your understanding. much like an ant has no real understanding of the concept of humanity.

#32     Feb 3, 2011
  3. So much talk about God, so little understanding.

God set up a system where people reap what they sow.

"Why does anything bad ever happen if there is a God"?

Because a bad seed was sown, and He set up a system where there is a harvest from that seed.

Don't you see the foolishness of the question?

It's like saying "i don't care if people lie, cheat, steal, murder, rape, etc., if there was a God, only good things would happen as a result of those actions".

Foolishness.

Study the bible and believe. Forget the writings of people who have died and are in hell.

#33     Feb 3, 2011
  4. No consistency at all.
    You blame Jesus if the Pastor couldn't pay the bills, but you don't blame Him if the Pastor stiffs somebody. [​IMG]

#34     Feb 3, 2011
  5. wow. the old eve ate an apple and cursed mankind forever argument. havent heard that one in a while.
    its kind of hard to scare educated people with tales of hell and damnation these days.

Gene Roddenberry: We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes

“The biblical story of the perfect and finished creation from which human beings fell into sin is pre-Darwinian mythology and post-Darwinian nonsense." -Bishop John Shelby Spong

#35     Feb 3, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

just curious.

if you admit that you do not know everything, then how can you logically argue that something does not exist?

#36     Feb 3, 2011
  7. lol. look where this led. we have one guy trying to argue that an evil god is a good god. another trying to say its because a talking snake convinced a woman to eat an apple. cant wait to hear whats next.

#37     Feb 3, 2011
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

and we have an ignoramus believing he has the answers to everything in the universe, and can independently argue that something - by definition designed to be far beyond his understanding - cannot possibly exist.

#38     Feb 3, 2011

9. can one logically argue that santa clause does not exist? how about zues?

Stephen Roberts: I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours

#39     Feb 3, 2011
  10. i though god wanted to draw people nearer to him. does he do that by hiding and making all the evidence look like he does not exist?

#40     Feb 3, 2011