You would think jesus would pay his bills. but i guess not.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 3, 2011.

1. how about this one:
    “All churches beat the devil good, but they are very careful not to kill him! ...
    he is useful.

#221     Feb 10, 2011
  2. Replying as you inevitably do, simply enforces the suggestion that because the atheist argument is essentially arrogant and absurd...etc., etc., etc.

#222     Feb 10, 2011
  3. Yes, I have heard the confessions of the former theists, and the resentments they can't seem to shake.

It is well know that there is no stronger agent for a position than a convert, and the theist converted to atheism is as fire and brimstone as a theist can ever be.

Both are self righteous...but the failed and angry theist, feeling deeply betrayed by his church, or parents, etc. has the diving force of hurt and wounding underlying the mask of reason and logic.

Simply put, do you really see the strong atheists message devoid of emotion, or a live and let live mentality? Or do you observe the degree of resentment against the theists who appear to be content in their lives.

A great example of an angry atheist with an ax to grind is Christopher Hitchens. Hitchens in his debates knows how to attack the theists with a venom that gets them to be come reactive, and speak from their hearts...rather than from their minds.

I've watched many of Hitchen's debates, and he is dead wrong much of the time with both his logic and focus on religion or God as being the cause of human behavior. Doing so is an attempt on his part to liberate him for his own poor choices, for his own broken dreams, and his own shattered innocence of a simple abiding faith in a power greater than himself.

#223     Feb 10, 2011
  4. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he is Index Piker

#224     Mar 2, 2011