You Wont Believe This!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rossmedia, May 1, 2004.

1. Thank you for your insight. As for EBO, his comments are immaterial, unthoughtful, and most of all down right incorrect. I made the trade. Below is a copy from the amex page for fridays options. I suggest you go to amex.com and search for yourself. Anyway, I hit the opening quote of 23.30. As I said before, I held this symbol for over a week. The mistake was my broker not updating the symbol. Somehow that fact escapes EBO. I can tell you this, Senior management in compliance doesn' t call you and apologize unless they are dang sure they screwed up. For your info, the QURRL $60 put is now QURRF $30 Put (Still June 04)

Latest Quotes JUN 2004 PUT 60 QURRL

Last Sale $ 26
    Net Change $ 2.7
    Open $ 23.3
    Bid $ 27.7
    Ask $ 28.4
    Bid/Ask Size 101/101
    High 26
    Low 23.3
    Volume 31
    Open Interest 1,403

#31     May 2, 2004
  2. Ebo

Ebo

I hope it all works out for you.
    If you need the name of a good SEC lawyer, I am more than happy to help!

#32     May 2, 2004
  3. I'm curious as well...

Perhaps if you email me all the particulars, or fax sheets to my office: 702.739.1398...and give me the contact person and number, I can try to "throw some clout" at this situation. I need all the facts from you...and can do my best to see that some proper action is taken. I need to know if you're a retail trader or a Series 7 registered trader (better for you if you're not licensed on this deal)....

Don

#33     May 2, 2004
  4. Thanks Ebo, I appreciate it. Don I'll PM you with the complaint I've filed with the NASD with all the details.

Rossmedia

#34     May 2, 2004
  5. Quah

Quah

Pretty hard to believe (or even understand why) you didn't know that TASR was splitting. It was all over the business news for the past week or more. I even knew it was splitting and I didn't have any positions in the stock at all.

#35     May 2, 2004
  6. There is a difference between an obvious CLEAR error, and the claim that you miskeyed the quantity of an order. The former can be seen by anyone, while the latter must be taken at faith.

Sorry, no sympathy here.

#36     May 2, 2004
  7. You get what you pay for!!!!! Also, claiming dumb ass-ness doesn't really work in the real world.

#37     May 2, 2004
  8. Well,

Everyday billions are made because somebody makes "dumb" mistakes. In this case it was my broker...I guess you think I should pay for their "dumbness"...You did remember they have admitted the mistake was totally theirs don't you?

Rossmedia

#38     May 3, 2004
  9. Yeah...they ADMIT it was THEIR mistake....but hey... at least
    they are consistent.

THEY make a mistake: YOU PAY
    YOU make mistake: YOU PAY

:mad:

Is anyone really surprised?

Ohhhh...excuse me Mr Broker....but ya see... I FORGOT to change
    the symbol on my order line last night, so this morning I
    sold the WRONG stock at a huge loss.

Could you give me back that money please, since it was
    an obvious error? :D

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........

peace

axeman

#39     May 3, 2004
  10. Axe,

You hit the nail on the head. I'm amazed at how many posts I received taking up for the broker because it was obviously an "error", yet when flipping the exact same example they agree I wouldn't get a dime back. This is crazy.

rossmedia

#40     May 3, 2004