"You will be trading OUR Capital"

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hippietrader, Aug 16, 2009.

1. spd

spd

what do hippies care about money anyways?

#41     Aug 17, 2009
  2. Hippie:

Real simple! Go study for your exams (series 7, 63 and 55) , unless you do not think you are SMART enough to pass the exams!

and put up your own capital and lets count how many days before your $5k is gone!

Then you can go find a new profession and leave everyone alone here!

#42     Aug 17, 2009
  3. Hippie is smart enough not to get scammed. Hippie don't like to see others getting scammed.

Hippie is happy being a hippie much of the time. Speak out against scams is a hippie hobby.

Hippie is having fun here making shillers mad.

#43     Aug 17, 2009
  4. l2tradr

l2tradr

Retard, show me one post of anyone in this thread shilling for any particular firm.

Get your Series 7 and go to a firm that asks for risk deposits or, since you're too dumb to pass it, go to a Canadian prop or something. Better yet, open up a futures account to get around the PDT rule and blow your McDonald's management savings already, as it is inevitable that you will anyways.

#44     Aug 17, 2009
  5. BartS

BartS

Well, you're not really making anyone mad, we're barely looking at how biased and close minded you are...
    Also I would like to point out that you seem to want to push some futures trading room, because of the few pm's I've sent you you maybe read two, and the rest you've asked me to join the room...without even reading my post.

If you want to trade futures, go ahead, I give you one month to blow up your 3K account.

I guess you'll be better off finding out on your own, because you have no experience and a few here have first or secondhand experience of what to do and more importantly what not to do.

The what not to do list is very long, and that list alone is worth more than 5K to any trader that blew up a few accounts...

(PS: most prop firms with decent training will teach you what's on that list)

But if you're thinking that you can beat the odds on your own - I wish you luck...you'll need lots of it.

#45     Aug 17, 2009
  6. How fast is 5k gone? As soon as u give it to a prop firm. It is the firm's money as soon as u hand it over. That is the American way. I don't know about Canada.

I am not such a fool. Trading may or may not be for me. However, am not stupid enough to sign it over to a firm that takes thousands in upfront fees.

#46     Aug 17, 2009
  7. l2tradr

l2tradr

You're a fool. Risk deposits with prop firms are refundable. Plenty of firms that ask for risk deposits and NOT training fees. Training fees are not refundable. Get licensed, put up 5K, and go nuts.

#47     Aug 17, 2009
  8. Hippie is the newest member of El Pollo's ignore club.

#48     Aug 17, 2009
  9. I mentioned it in a pm only when asked. The room was helpful for a newbie learning the basics. It was very inexpensive. I spent less than $200 for 6 months of live mentoring. I rather see newbies LEARN form such a place instead of throwing many thousands away.

In any case, the room I mentioned to you is a free room, it was nothing more than a friendly invitation. It is not my room. It is a free place I found helpful as a newbie. U have no need for it as u are with a professional prop for 5k.

It is true many futures traders blow their account - hence I am staying on sim much longer to practice. I would rather trade SPY as a transition. However, that is not an option, I am working with what I have.

If Keystone or other firms is good for u, go for it. Please let everyone know when you are making a living working for them. GOOD LUCK.

#49     Aug 17, 2009
  10. BartS

BartS

It took me one session to learn to sit on my hands.I guess I had issues overtrading they already fixed that problem.
    Like everyone else with less experience I have a number of kinks to work on but I don't see anything too serious that I should not be able to manage.

Again to close the argument if you're not licensed and don't have 25k what do you suggest one does?

99% of the rooms that you get live mentoring or picks out of are not worth the money, just look at ykoptions or John lansing the brickmeister.

I have researched many rooms and T3 has the best pay service a bit chaotic but still pretty good.

#50     Aug 17, 2009