You trade from home, do you have a biz card ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by guy990opl, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Never be evasive with information. Never use a P.O. Box address on a business card. Donot get flashy and colorful.

Form a corpoartion or LLC when trading with proper street address and use your full name and cell or online phone number without any cute designation on it. Keep it simple, direct and honest. If you donot have an entity use a DBA.

#21     Jan 20, 2008
  2. Than get a business card from a hedgefund guy and copy it. Use your own entity on it.

#22     Jan 20, 2008
  3. you are a trade,you trade equities. goldman sachs and bear stearns daytrade all day but they call it proprietary trading. getting a business card seems as if you sre doing it to prve yourself to people,prove to them that what you do is actually a real job. you don't need to prove anything to anyone my friend.

#23     Jan 20, 2008
  4. correct. Why does anyone need a business card for their own trading? For ego stroking?

#24     Jan 20, 2008
  5. jd7419

jd7419

I agree. Screw the business card. I used to care about what my relatives, friends, and people I met out thought about what I do. Nine years later my house cars and lifestyle speak for themselves. I could care less about what the sheep think about daytrading. It works for me and that's the only thing important.

#25     Jan 20, 2008
  6. do you trade equities or futures?

#26     Jan 20, 2008
  7. Anyone know of a good trading coach.

I'm in Canada and looking to improve as a trader and from the conversations I have had with other traders I really believe that having a coach to work with, could take me to the next level.

Thanks

EOM

#27     Jan 20, 2008
  8. Good point.

#28     Jan 21, 2008
  9. It's a personal preference. Like I said, depending on where you socialize, a biz card could be important. If you are open to outside funds, you need a biz card.

If you just work in your mom's basement and eat at Denny's, then a biz card could be overkill.

:D

#29     Jan 21, 2008
  10. There is a liability issue in having your card out there. Once your card is out there then the name, phone and address can be used for anything. Best to keep your private information private.

I agree to let people think what they are going to think. You are meeting the wrong people if they judge you purely by a job title and business card.

Even if you are at a high level position in a corporation, then you shouldnt just be spreading your card out to some drunk chick at a party. Save it for the people who matter.

#30     Jan 21, 2008