You thought the worst thing the catholic church did was rape children? wrong.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Oct 24, 2011.

1. 300,000 babies stolen from their parents - and sold for adoption: Haunting BBC

documentary exposes 50-year scandal of baby trafficking by the Catholic church in Spain

Up to 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents and sold for adoption over a period of five decades, a new investigation reveals.

The children were trafficked by a secret network of doctors, nurses, priests and nuns in a widespread practice that began during General Franco’s dictatorship and continued until the early Nineties.

Hundreds of families who had babies taken from Spanish hospitals are now battling for an official government investigation into the scandal.
    Several mothers say they were told their first-born children had died during or soon after they gave birth.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...king-Catholic-church-Spain.html#ixzz1bi50zJub

2. You convinced me...because of this, I now know that everything the catholic church says is a lie and they cant be trusted at all. But since doctors and nurses were involved, I guess medicine is also a sham too, right? I better stay away from hospitals or they might steal my babies.

So freethinker...are you planning to do the same? Are you going to stay away from hospitals too?

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Damn those Spaniards!

4. Crispy

Crispy

I didnt think that worshipping a tortured human on a cross could get any creepier.

5. only catholic ones.

a thinking person might ask themselves. the bible says god/jesus loves the little children. it also says they are all knowing and all powerful. why would an all knowing and all powerful god encourage this kind of abuse at his place of business. does he enjoy it?

6. How does he encourage it? And arent these priests just doing the same thing you do? Ignoring the laws of God because they want to enjoy themselves in whatever sick & depraved ways they see as ok in their own minds?

7. he encourages it by allowing it to happen. if the first catholic priest, when he was ready to rape a little boy, was found dead,struck by lightening, behind the alter with his pants down and a hardon it may have discouraged the rest of them. could an all powerful god arrange that?