you think palin was the worst republicans had to offer. think again.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Bachman is good looking. They will pull the slut card if they have to.

#11     Jun 23, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

What i pointed out was all that Palin and Bachmann have to offer, which is the very same 3 qualities that drive the left wing batshit.

I never said i thought either one would be a good president, and i have already said i think they are both idiots, I merely pointed the three qualities that drive the left crazy, in no specific order.( good looking, woman, republican.)

#12     Jun 23, 2011
  3. I think it's great when you can answer you own question in the very same post. The hallmark of self-sufficiency.

#13     Jun 23, 2011
  4. You overlooked the key quality: bat shit crazy. (I believe your word of choice in an earlier post was "idiot.") It's a stand-alone quality, so you can safely disregard the three you mentioned in the above quoted post.

#14     Jun 23, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

So because i pointed out the fact that i dont think either of them is smart, it somehow matches the relentless personal attacks the two of them have taken from the left wing media?

Why dont you tell me where all you righteous advocates of equality seem to disappear to whenever it is someone on the right wing who is being attacked?

#15     Jun 23, 2011
  6. They're both banking on the people supporting them on women's rights grounds.

Last election the first black man became president. This election they hope to be the first woman president.

Meh.. we need better female candidates.

#16     Jun 23, 2011
  7. Yannis

Yannis

The GOP Lineup

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rsdk8hiCulQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rsdk8hiCulQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

:cool:

#17     Jun 23, 2011
  8. "In her tea party-fueled quest to cut government spending and social programs, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) has unveiled a plan to cut $400 billion in federal spending that includes freezing the Veterans Affairs Department’s health care spending and cuts veterans’ disability benefits. The Air Force Times reports her plan would slice $4.5 billion from the VA, including reducing 150,000 veterans’ disability compensation and the amount they receive in Social Security Disability Income.

A host of veterans groups slammed Bachmann’s plan:

–Veterans of Foreign War national commander Richard L. Eubank said, “The only discussion the VFW wants is to tell the congresswoman that her plan is totally out of step with America’s commitment to our veterans.” “No way, no how, will we let this proposal get any traction in Congress,” said Eubank. “There are certain things you do not do when our nation is at war, and at the top of that list is not caring for our wounded and disabled servicemen and women when they return home,” he said. “I want her to look those disabled veterans in the eye and tell them their service and sacrifice is too expensive for the nation to bear.”

–The National Veterans Foundation’s Rich Rudnick told ThinkProgress that Bachmann’s plan is “terribly misguided,” saying, “veterans benefits are minimal to begin with” and that Bachmann’s scheme would be a “real step backwards.” “Cutting back on the VA right now would be showing contempt for American servicemembers’ sacrifices,” Rudnick said in a phone interview this afternoon.

–Disabled American Veterans Washington Headquarters Executive Director David Gorman said Bachmann’s plan is “uch an ill-advised proposal [it] is nothing short of heartless.” “It is unconscionable that while our nation is at war someone would even think of forcing our wounded warriors to sacrifice even more than they already have,” Gorman said. “Their injuries and disabilities were the result of their service to the nation, and our nation must not shirk its responsibilities toward them. How do you tell a veteran who has lost a limb that he or she has not sacrificed enough? Yet Rep. Bachmann wants to do just that.”

–Veterans for Common Sense executive director Paul Sullivan “said cutting veterans’ health care spending is an ill-advised move at a time when the number of veterans continues to grow as troops return from Iraq and Afghanistan.” “It is really astonishing to see this,” he said.

–VoteVets.org Chairman Ashwin Madia said, “Michelle Bachmann’s plan would turn veterans away from the care they’ve earned and deserve. Congress voted for two wars that have created many veterans that now need help, and we cannot – and will not – turn our backs to them. That’s bad policy that I think even a majority of Republican voters will stand squarely against.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/01/28/141412/bachmann-veterans/

#18     Jun 23, 2011
  9. Try to stay on point and follow your own breadcrumbs. You asked:
    And then you said in the same post you thought she was an idiot.

Asked and answered. I don't think feminist groups seek to support idiots just because they're female. In the case of Palin, and Bachmann, it's not a Left thing or a Right thing. It's an idiot thing. You called it.

#19     Jun 23, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Ahhhhh, i see, well explained..... So the same group of righteous activists who call every single person who denounces Obama a racist, are unwilling to support Palin when the media makes attacks not only her, but her under age daughters, and attacks her relentlessly and calls her a bimbo, and makes repeated insults which target her gender?...... Gotcha..... Tell me why this same media was so adamant about getting Palins Emails, yet they still can not find a single thing about Obamas past. Who is more relevant? Where are the feminist groups on this one?

And what do you think the splash back would have been if the right wing media started going after Obamas daughters with the same ferocity? Sharpton would be marching in the street with a mob ready to string up Roger Ailes if Fox ever did that.

Thats some moral compass these groups have....Using sexism/racism as a political tool is really genuine.

Hell even a far left Liberal like Jon stewart is willing to call this bullshit out.

#20     Jun 23, 2011