you think palin was the worst republicans had to offer. think again.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 23, 2011.

1. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/michele-bachmanns-holy-war-20110622?print=true

Michele Bachmann's Holy War
    The Tea Party contender may seem like a goofball, but be warned: Her presidential campaign is no laughing matter

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and, as you consider the career and future presidential prospects of an incredible American phenomenon named Michele Bachmann, do one more thing. Don't laugh.

It may be the hardest thing you ever do, for Michele Bachmann is almost certainly the funniest thing that has ever happened to American presidential politics. Fans of obscure 1970s television may remember a short-lived children's show called Far Out Space Nuts, in which a pair of dimwitted NASA repairmen, one of whom is played by Bob (Gilligan) Denver, accidentally send themselves into space by pressing "launch" instead of "lunch" inside a capsule they were fixing at Cape Canaveral. This plot device roughly approximates the political and cultural mechanism that is sending Michele Bachmann hurtling in the direction of the Oval Office.

Read Matt Taibbi on the truth about the Tea Party

Bachmann is a religious zealot whose brain is a raging electrical storm of divine visions and paranoid delusions.

2. Max E.

Max E.

Seems like a logical evolution among the brain dead lefties to switch from personal attacks on palin to personal attacks on Bachmann, once they realised that they were the tools who made Palin rich and famous, when she would have been completely irrelevant without their help, and she had no intention of running.

Once again the Uber geniuses on the left are going to make someone into a celebrity when she would have been nothing if no one on the left did this shit.

3. She will not make it out of NH, not to mention Super Tuesday.

4. hey dumb ass. she just happens to be leading in the polls. that makes her relevent. you think the left make her popular amoung religious wackos that is the republican party today?

Michele Bachmann, R-Minnesota, has surged to first place in a new Zogby poll of 2012 ... declare her candidacy on Monday in the early voting caucus of Iowa.

5. Max E.

Max E.

How much do you want to put on the fact that bachmann wont win the republican nomination???? Name a price.

You know as well as i do she has no shot. Atleast i hope you do.... unless of course you are that stupid. It reminds me of when Trump won the polls for the day, and people on the left couldnt wait to give him all the free media he desired.

Bachmann actually serves a good purpose though as she will absorb all the vitriol from the left who cant stand the thought of a good looking female republican running for president.

6. No chance FT, just a bump. Romney is the man if they have any shot at all in 2012.

7. Max E.

Max E.

I agree. Though hunstman could be a dark horse.

I thought Herman Cain was decent at first but then he fucked up pretty badly, and he has no political connections and nowhere near the money Romney has.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Uhh, actually, advocacy of women and other minorities is one of the benchmarks of the left. They need them for votes, remember?

9. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, sure they are, provided the women remain on the left. Tell me where all the feminist groups disappeared to when all the stuff was going on with Palin? Name any other person on the right who took even half the abuse that palin did.

I am by no means defending Palin, i think her and Bachmann are both idiots, im simply calling a spade a spade.

10. the odds are long but actually she could win under the right conditions. republicans in iowa dont have criteria like normal thinking people. the iows primaries are controlled by one issue religious wackos. i noticed the criteria you listed was short on what one would want in a president. you only listed good looking and republican.

#10     Jun 23, 2011