You still think RECESSION is coming?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HedgefundTrader2, Jan 24, 2008.

1. If you want to be confrontational I will NOT back down. You are one of those idiots who goes after people even when they politely apologize and try to dismiss a stupid comment.

If you want to come at me I will take you down no doubt. Ty it now. You are not gonna like it, I promise that little idiot.

#51     Jan 25, 2008

2. JOHN F. KENNEDY was a great man. He knew what kind of self entitled doofus and rejects inhabit his country. That is why he rallied and appealed to them in his historical speech.

You are one of them, who taketh all away and give nothing. On top of that you finger point and blame others for your misery. Grow up or stay at the bottom ladder like most.

#52     Jan 25, 2008
  3. Because I am not a depressed psycho sitting there and selling my stocks and taking losses while the institutional shorts laugh all the way to bank and high five to each other!

You sell you lock in a loss simple as that. You donot buy party is over ...

#53     Jan 25, 2008
  4. bgp

bgp

come on day, how can you or anyone else think that by cutting rates that the fed. has solved the problem. do you think the housing down turn is over too ? it's just in the 3rd inning. and then for our chimp george and the fed to use and abuse the consumer is a total disgrace .
    (to induce spending) like food ,gas, c.c. interest. i'll bet the banks are lowering the interest on credit cards too.

bgp

#54     Jan 26, 2008
  5. There's no way to quantify the bad paper but derivatives tend be redundant. A $Trillion in derivatives on the collective books of participating companies may distill down to a small percentage in actual exposure.

But, as you say, nobody can assess how big the derivative situation is or how delicate it may be. Gov't regulators are investigating the situation now.

It's the not knowing what's out there that's so stressful. If we could trade a few months of recession and some certainty about our situation for the ever-looming threat of a devastating depression I'd go for it.

#55     Jan 26, 2008
  6. Lower rates help overall economy. When there is more money available at cheap rates things start cooking. Yes the real estate is a problem, but its a self induced one. When the US consumer stops buying/spending everything shuts down and real estate did bring a near collapse of the banking system. These consumers should be encouraged and given help and a reason to buy than only it will come back. These people live with you and me.

Its the gas prices that made the Fed hike the rates and killed the real estate market in the swing. If there is anyone who can stop these oil barrons its our Chimp at the Gate.

#56     Jan 26, 2008
  7. pma

pma

Tell me what other country our size of 300 million people, stuffs free money in its Citizens pockets? Your country has done a lot for you, its time you do something for it. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Your kidding,right? I pay taxes,so how is this "free" money? It was mine to begin with!

#57     Jan 26, 2008
  8. 1. housing prices are declining
    2. tens of thousands of real estate and construction jobs have been lost, plus many more in banking
    3. job cuts announced almost daily by some company
    4. most companies are reducing 2008 earnings estimates not raising them
    5. very weak holiday retail sales
    6. rising national unemployment
    7. 75 bp cut (first time since 1991)
    8. emergency $150B spending measure sent to congress in record time

suuuuuuuuuuure we're not in recession.

when was the last time you saw all these things and the economy was all fine and dandy?

i swear some people are so stupid. it's like some of you are 21 years old and just got your f**king GED.

#58     Jan 26, 2008
  9. It's free in the sense that Bush got it for free...

#59     Jan 26, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

The Gummint wants to make it LOOK like they are doing something for the people. The reality is that our Gummint is SUCKING US DRY. They intend to consume all Americans' assets through deficit spending, inflation, and currency debasement. (They also are screwing anyone dumb enough to invest in US Treasury bonds... they'll be paid back with the equivalent of Monopoly money.)

In about 30-50 years, the US will be like the Soviet Union was before its collapse... a few very wealthy, a second tier of modestly well off... Gummint employees, of course..., and the rest of us in queue for toilet paper handouts from the Gummint store.

What can be done about it? Short of a Second Revolution to throw all of our criminally greedy politicians out of office, probably nothing. Smartest thing would be to pull a "Jimmy Rogers".... cash in your chips and get the Hell out of America!!

#60     Jan 26, 2008