You snooze, you lose trading the news

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderraider, Aug 26, 2010.

1. spindr0

spindr0

An Appel a day keeps something or other away :)

#11     Aug 27, 2010
  2. joe4422

joe4422

Tradethenews is slower than Bloomberg I guess. The spike has already happened by the time tradethenews prints it.

#12     Aug 27, 2010
  3. Nexen

Nexen

If you can't afford a cheap service like Briefing you don't seem very capitalized for trading.

#13     Aug 27, 2010
  4. There is a lot of front running there from everyone involved. If you trade the news you also are subject to bluffing. You do not seem to have the money power to restle with bluffers. Try to guess the news from price action caused by front runners. This is what is left to poor traders. Otherwise, become a news media to get all the feeds first.

#14     Aug 27, 2010
  5. Thanks to all those who have contributed.

Lets focus on the question rather than advising on how everyone should or shouldn't trade. I know what I want to do, just want the cheapest possible solution to get started with.

So far DJNS via scot trade, Tradethenews and briefing seem to be the best solutions.

Any more recommendations out there?

#15     Aug 27, 2010
  6. #16     Aug 27, 2010
  7. That's a rookie statement.

There's plenty of liquidity added and PLENTY of opportunities given you know where you're at.

You think prices are going to start ticking away randomly just because someone tosses out a few words??

#17     Aug 27, 2010
  8. spindr0

spindr0

>> Dont bother trading the news. Save yourself the time, the headache, and the money. <<

For equities, avoid the after market unless you're fast and disciplined. Pre-market can really rock and roll on good/bad news. Reg hours has the liquidity so a better place for advanced noobs to start. :)

#18     Aug 27, 2010
  9. Any more news services that people can recommend?

#19     Aug 27, 2010
  10. goodie

goodie

How does one subscribe to Tradethenews? It is a private network, open to the selected ones with Linkedin profiles, somewhat exclusive like the Freemasons :(

#20     Nov 19, 2010