You see options buyers are doomed.

Discussion in 'Options' started by qdz2, Jan 15, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

:p

#31     Jan 16, 2003
  2. How about using crayons? May I use crayons?

#32     Jan 16, 2003
  3. def

def Sponsor

Let's see. Exiration day...

Assume I'm long 1000 ATM calls. Assume delta of roughly 50. i.e long 50K shares. Within a few hours my delta is going to be long 100K shares or Zero. What do I do as expiration approaches to manage my risk? Naturally buy or sell stock to maintin my delta position.

The other side does the opposite. It has nothing to do with manipulation - it is just a function of supply, demand and risk mangement.

conspiracy theorists - always trying to take the easy way out rather than use common sense.

#33     Jan 16, 2003
  4. def,

They don't call it the "easy way out" for nothin'...

#34     Jan 16, 2003
  5. qdz2

qdz2

def may be right. But supply and demand are just a technical kind of manipulation.

By the way, nice move today. I guess option buyers are smiling this time. this does not happen very offten.

#35     Jan 17, 2003
  6. white17

white17

QDZ2; please enlighten me as to WHO is doing the manipulating and how they are going about it. Also don't you think there are some option buyers who aren't happy today? There are two sides available you know.

#36     Jan 17, 2003
  7. qdz2

qdz2

Easy man. Be happy. You are more likely not to make mistakes and lose money when you are happy than when you are not.

Well, QDZ2 is a dumb cheap trader who has no strong opinion. When I say option buyers, I mean straddlers or stranglers and equivalent.

#37     Jan 17, 2003
  8. You need only look at AOL today as evidence of our power to manipulate...

#38     Jan 17, 2003
  9. white17

white17

Wow that's enlightening. Down 40 cents that explains the whole thing.

#39     Jan 17, 2003
  10. Yes, it speaks volumes. Myself, along with the other members of the OSSPMC (Option Sellers' Stock Price Manipulation Committee) met, and decided we would close AOL out within 15 to 20 cents from $15 today. Please do not say I did not warn you.

#40     Jan 17, 2003