You overshort because you hate G.W. Bush?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crgarcia, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Without getting into politics, I have seen so many people overshorting, shorting too long, too late; too out of the money, too leveraged; because they hate Bush and his government.

To be successful in the stock market, you should NOT have strong political opinions at all, as they bias your perspective.

No president is completely black or white (not speaking about races), we all are shades of gray.

2. gnome

gnome

Bush is PLENTY GRAY, all right.

3. Bill Clinton was black.

4. Opinions of any nature are obstacles in trading at least the way that I trade. There is a right track wrong track public opinion poll. Most people believe the country is on the wrong track. If that poll had any significance beyond reflecting emotion and opinion, then incumbents would be an endangered species and they are anything but. When it comes to public opinion, I believe many profitable traders have a contrarian bias. I know that I do which is to say that markets have a significant psychological component and if you have the ability to read market psychology at all, chances are you can make that ability work in your favor.

5. Both Clintons are lesbians :p :D

6. "Never short a Republican!" Great advice from one of the great, independant traders of our time, Marty Schwartz!

7. maxpi

maxpi

8. Yea, wasn't he the first black president?