You Only Need $5000 to Make a Living

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 4DTrader, Jun 12, 2008.

1. I wonder if we are talking about the same thing here.

When I hear "You Only Need $5000 to Make a Living", I take that to mean that any time your account is significantly over $5000 you withdraw the difference.

That's not the same thing as starting with $5000 and building it up to a point where you can then make a living.

Also, if you have other savings or income which you can use to replenish your account in the event of a drawdown, that's not the same as making a living off only $5000 either.

#81     Sep 5, 2008
  2. test

#82     Sep 11, 2008
  3. so in your opinions what do you need to mkae a living? 10, 20 contracts?

Ah.....why not buy this software and just sit on the beach?....something wrong here? Sounds too darned easy.

" Our new Auto Trading Software is rocking and rolling! We put another live video up with the Auto Trader Software trading the 30 year bonds. Check it out:

Our software support supervisor has tweaked the settings and came up with an awesome Auto Trading Strategy that has made money 40 days straight in a row! Email me directly if you would like a copy of the Strategy Performance Report:"

#83     Sep 12, 2008
  4. Darshan

Darshan

Actually at times where I'm struggling I tend to pull back the reigns.

Sometimes I'll set my max position size to $200 shares just to regain my confidence. You could easily make $500/day flipping 200 lots, which actually comes out to a pretty damn good living.

#84     Sep 12, 2008
  5. hi,

so you day trade equites? ^^^

Longer term trends or scalping?

One stock or one pattern on many stocks?

Thank you

#85     Sep 12, 2008
  6. Just to put you in the picture I have an $80,000 account and want to make some money each month from it. I was a good longer term investor but that market isn't there right now.

So rather than sit in cash I want to (not saying I will or can) make about 5% per month on my equity day trading. Possible or dream?

I have been paper trading for 3 months...some success. Some failure. I tried scalping and lsot about $500 in one week. Not quite what I had in mind.

Thank you

#86     Sep 12, 2008
  7. it is a dream in recent trading environment.
    I suggest that you get familliar with emini's .

#87     Sep 12, 2008
  8. day trading not buy and hold.......

#88     Sep 12, 2008