You Only Need $5000 to Make a Living

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 4DTrader, Jun 12, 2008.

1. heypa

heypa

I've got a secret. I've got a secret. I've got a secret. Nyaah nyaah nyaah. So damn childish. He has no secret. He's just trying to learn something from the replies.

#21     Jun 13, 2008
  2. That's OK.

Lots of people do it.

Very rarely does someone start a thread because they've mastered something and want to share it with anonymous posters on a public bulletin board.

#22     Jun 13, 2008
    #23     Jun 13, 2008
  4. Is this the place?...

Someone left me an anonymous message that there was a top secret, "for your eyes only", 4 rules of trading, here.

please sir, may I have some.

#24     Jun 13, 2008
  5. Let's do the maths.

$5000, 1-3 contracts of NQ, 5-20 points=$100-$1200.

Yes, "cutting it awfully close" are the right words. To me, they mean avoiding the 4 mistakes. There is not much room for mistakes. But people make mistakes all the time. I have a legal pad in front me, everytime I made a mistake, I would write it down. During a trading day, I would write down at least 5 mistakes. Every mistake costs money, including loss of opportunities=money that should have been made.

My exit is not based on fixed stoploss, but price action. This is also where a common mistake happens due to the deliberate lack of a fixed stoploss.

#25     Jun 13, 2008
  6. Anek,

I believe what you said, because I did it on paper myself, only in one direction, because I longed QID only. As you have a lot of experience in QQQQ, you must know that QID moves the identical length as NQ does in a down trend. I cent of QID (500 shares) equals 1 tick of NQ (1 contract). I still carry the old habit with me to NQ and predominantly trade NQ down trend. I have a deep suspicion of any up trend (which is of course wrong. I know an up trend is an up trend is an up trend).

By the way, how did you deal with discipline problem years ago? I seem to have a tremendous amount of trouble controlling myself.

#26     Jun 13, 2008
  7. Umm, 12 days ago your i-quit-trading thread said this:

So I have decided that trading is not for me. I quit! I will not trade anymore! I don't want to spend several more years doing this (I heard it needs 5 years, too long for me).

How did you suddenly become an expert?

#27     Jun 13, 2008
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

These are all the same mistake aren't they?

#28     Jun 13, 2008
  9. 4,

I have not traded the Qs or QID in years so I'm afraid I'm not apt to comment on them anymore.

As far as discipline we have a pretty prosaic rule that only works for males.

It's very simple, break a cardinal trading rule and your punishment is to squeeze your balls until you cry. No joke, that's the rule. It works.

Anek

#29     Jun 13, 2008
  10. I have always been an expert, it's the discipline that I lack. I firmly believe that my trading method is far superior to yours. During the past year, I modified my method every day, sometimes several times each day. As a result, I have a method that every new trader would kill to know. But given your attitude toward me, I doubt I will tell you. You may spend another few years searching for a method.

#30     Jun 13, 2008