You must Buy INTC now!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by garfangle, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Chagi

Chagi

There is something that many of you need to remember - computer users are fickle; they want the fastest, coolest (literally), lowest power consumption CPU for their money. This holds true whether the buyer is in the market for a gaming system or a room full of servers.

AMD arguably been significantly ahead of Intel for a couple of years now (if not more), ever since Intel hit the thermal wall with their current (previous now that Conroe is launched) gen of processors, which led to erosion of Intel's marketshare. Intel now has parts in the desktop and 2 processor server space that are significantly faster than those of AMD. Even the lowest speed Conroe (which costs approx $183) is either on par or faster than AMD's premium processors (the Athlon 64 FX-62), which sell for around $1,000.

I myself am looking to put together a new system sometime during the next 6 months or so, and was previously looking at AMD's X2 processors (their dual-core models), and I'm now instead seriously considering building a PC around an Intel Core 2 Duo processor after seeing all of these new benchmarks.

The above said, I do wonder about Intel's earnings report this week. I suspect that this summer will mark an intermediate (if not long-term) bottom in Intel's share price, as it begins to recover marketshare from AMD.

#41     Jul 16, 2006
  2. so,ooo,

does this include beating the AMD Turion X2?

These chips are 64bit and are smokers. I tried out the singluar Turion TL-34 and even on the laptop platform, it did not disappoint.

I am glad that you mentioned the news sources for the conclusino to drop everything and start buying Intel.

Add to that reason, the cross usage by Apple and their MAC(s).

what about the Turion X2?

#42     Jul 17, 2006
  3. dac8555

dac8555

look guys..you may be dead right on the quality of the product and its usage.

But you have to understand the relationship between that and the stock price...there may not be any. especially entering a bear market with higher interest rates.

when i was a retail broker several years ago (during 200, 2001)...i used to try to sell information like this as well....products, why it is better, and how the company would make more money.

guess what? all my clients were slaughtered...myself included.

the overall force and direction of the market will be a much bigger factor in stock price than whether or not the new Intel super x9823748 chip with 1.21 gigiwats is the best product on the market or not.

dont get caught in that trap.

#43     Jul 17, 2006
  4. Chagi

Chagi

Read any major hardware news site, and you will see detailed benchmarking of the new Intel Core 2 Duo chips...Anandtech, Tomshardware, Firing Squad etc.

I'm sure you can find those sites yourself without too much difficulty.

#44     Jul 18, 2006
  5. Chagi

Chagi

I agree that overall market direction is certainly important, but fundamentals of individual companies has greater importance.

#45     Jul 18, 2006
  6. Qwerty

Qwerty

Fundamentals of individual companies has greater importance with investors & is of less importance to traders or none.

#46     Jul 18, 2006
  7. Bought me a slug of July 20 calls. Stock looks like a double bottom right before earnings. Vol very inexpensive pre-earnings and nearly a 52 week low. Bad news already baked in, who knows, we can see a gap fill of 24.50 this week?

#47     Jul 18, 2006
  8. dac8555

dac8555

pleanty of people believe this. unfortunately it is often false.

for a comparision look at MSFT. a big strong company with excellent fundamentals which is continually growing with ever improving products...right?

the stock price is half of what it was 5 years ago and continues to decline despite improving fundamentals.

why? group psycology and general market conditions. these are the power houses.

i learned this from reading william Oneil...CANSLIM and IBD founder. he explains it much better than i ...really makes sense when you think about it.

#48     Jul 18, 2006
  9. so many experts

#49     Jul 18, 2006
  10. vtranks

vtranks

why not just do a 17.5 calender

#50     Jul 19, 2006