You must Buy INTC now!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by garfangle, Jul 14, 2006.

1. syrre

syrre

ok i drop everything and buy intel bc som1 on an internet forum told me 2 :D

#31     Jul 14, 2006
  2. qll

qll

from how you use 1 and 2, i guess you are a teenage talking too much on MSN, Yahoo messengers, Myspace.

good luck. house needs blood from new poker players.

#32     Jul 14, 2006

3. I believe he was being sarcastic....

#33     Jul 15, 2006
  4. My company has 15,000 servers, and are buying AMD because AMD beat INTC to the punch in the power saving department, however agree that Intel now has a better product now.

But are they not dropping prices ? Price wars with AMD may not produce great stock prices. How about putting your life savings into Corning ? I bought at 21 and was happy tosee it up in a down market

#34     Jul 15, 2006
  5. Qwerty

Qwerty

More importantly Garfangle, what is the market telling us?
    If an individual was to buy on your advice, he would likely take a pounding from sellers in the short term. Unless a buyer has deep pockets, many buyers will throw in the towel. The bears have been calling the shots lately. The bears are likely push down to $15 - $14 before the bulls reply in numbers. The reply from bulls @ that support zone will be important. If bulls fail to hold $15 - $14, the bears will exploit this & drive the market(INTC) lower, however, if bulls hold, that could be our long term bottom.

The fact that bulls failed to (hold)defend $20 recently is a troubling development. Instead of the bulls countering aggressively above $20, the bears countered decisively below $20, that alone does not speak highly of the buyers condition for now, until the buyers regroup lower, the bearish picture is not likely to change.

#35     Jul 15, 2006
  6. Look folks,

Intel's new Core 2 Duo outclasses AMD's Athlon 64/X2 line across the board. It doesn't matter if people are waiting to upgrade because when they do upgrade and have to make the decision between which processor to buy (corp or individual) they will decisively choose Intel's.

However, if you are more risk averse, sell Intel puts or sell AMD calls.

#36     Jul 15, 2006
  7. garfangle,

What's the average price on your long position? $24? $26?

#37     Jul 15, 2006
  8. 17.80

#38     Jul 15, 2006
  9. Gotcha! Now it becomes clear: This is a good place to offload your position so now trying to drum up some interest eh?

Always good to do that when you have had a good run and earnings are coming up, never wise to hold through earnings particularly when there is a risk of them being (very) disappointing.

(Trade on the rumours, be out on the actual news. Keep on hyping the rumours, he he)

vital analitics

#39     Jul 15, 2006
  10. lol..... right

Just like everyone should've been buying INTC for the past 3 years.

#40     Jul 15, 2006