You must Buy INTC now!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by garfangle, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Neodude

Neodude

Considering that most consumers and companies are not looking to upgrade their systems until Windows Vista comes out, it might be the case that the impact of the new CPU will only start effecting intel's bottom line when Vista ships. Many corps will not be buying vista at the start because of testing requirements, this might give AMD time to catchup. I think jumping in at this time might be a bit risky. Also look at how the tech sector is doing right now... this does not bode well for Intel or AMD.

-Neo

#21     Jul 14, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

haha. no mate, no clue. who is he?

#22     Jul 14, 2006
  3. Neodude

Neodude

Only an options trader with the most wicked trading setup ever!!! Hehe :D

#23     Jul 14, 2006
  4. lol I don't know much - he's probably a better source on himself than me :p I know that hes a very very very serious trader and he has a trading room with many, many, many screens

#24     Jul 14, 2006
  5. pattersb

pattersb Guest

I suspected as much , ... it was the "He, he, he ... " at the end that gave it away.

"Buy! Buy! Buy! .... He,he,he ...." :D

#25     Jul 14, 2006
  6. steoli

steoli

Well!!! I agree, it's a buy... Still i have been waiting for the gap to be filled. Until then i'm selling naked puts on the 17,5 strike.

#26     Jul 14, 2006
  7. nitro

nitro

"07:07 INTC Tom's Hardware: Core 2 Duo smokes AMD's Athlon 64 X2 - TG Daily (17.72 )

According to TG Daily, extensive benchmark testing by Tom's Hardware's engineers shows Core 2 Duo does not only bring a substantial jump in performance, it also manages to surpass its AMD rival: The Intel chip dominates most benchmark disciplines and came out on top in 35 out of 37 tests. AMD's fastest processor still holds the crown in synthetic benchmarks. Especially interesting is the way how Intel achieves this new level of processor performance. Tom's Hardware found that its Conroe system consumed less power than a comparable AMD system and up to 30% less power than a Pentium EE 965-based computer."

nitro

#27     Jul 14, 2006
  8. someone who thinks the world of himself and by his own admission did 30% on his funds last year

has some traders working for him

just has a different way of presenting market profile than anyone else

vital analitics

#28     Jul 14, 2006
  9. OS2 was a far better OS than windows NT at its time yet NT won the battle. In other words: not always the best product wins.

There has to be an economic (or desperately needed performance) justification for people replacing their PC.

I think it may be safe to assume that a large proportion of PC's is sitting in households. And there the PC gets used for browsing the web, read some email and do some word processing. Cannot see a desperate need for those people upgrading.

On the other hand we see how people (expecially kids) are flocking to have iPod's and mobile phones with camera's.

When I was a kid for guys it were different things, we were having hobbys like fishing, hunting, citizen band and amateur radio. Turn the clock forward a few years and we have the PC rage.

Whats novel about PC's for the kids these days? They are old hat nowadays, PC's are stuffy things you have at your folks place or at school for doing your home work on, nothing sexy about that.

The few that really need these power chips are not going to make a huge impact, these people are not the mass market.

Remember that in every environment there is the battle for the scarce resources (money in this case: how can we stretch the dollar?) and in most cases there are other, more pressing priorities that the money needs to be spend upon. ( rather than spending it in the PC sitting in the corner humming away. They do not break down and get obsolete at the rate they used to do. )

And with oil etc going up and "keeping up with the neighbours" costs are going up the PC is not an area that I can see having a major budget allocated.

I really hope that these new CPU's quickly find their way in one form or another in laptops and portable (or silent) PC's but going by the rate things have been going in the last 3 years or so, I cannot see it happen.

PS the same goes for OS. Lots of people are still hanging on to their old Win2000, Office 2000 and not upgrading. Only the younger generation seems to want the latest, greatest but many older folks are content. Know several people who are still happily humming along with Win98 and Office 97.

vital analitics

#29     Jul 14, 2006
  10. teun

teun

Not true, the real price of INTC is much lower nowadays compared to 2003. INTC went from ~7 billion to ~5 billion shares and you forget the inflation in the $.

So INTC has a much lower value now than in 2003.

#30     Jul 14, 2006