You must act now............

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flytiger, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Here is a letter you can use, per a request I got. Why not? The Senators used to send us one the SEC wrote for them. True!

Dear :

In recent months, we have witnessed a housing collapse, CDO / subprime meltdown, Auction Rate Securities, bear raids, the failure of Bear Stearns, a Government takeover of Fannie and Freddie, a fraudulent raid on United Airlines that cost investors tens of millions of dollars, and today, a 45% decline in the value of Lehman Brothers. Just Bear Stearns and the GSE bailouts have added some 350 billion dollars to taxpayer liabilities, maybe more. We have 11 bank failures, yet these stocks continue to appear on the Regulation SHO list. Union Bank of Switzerland alledgedly encrypts their brokers' computers, so that they may direct wealthy Americans to avoid US taxes. The only response we've seen worth anything was an emergency order banning naked short selling on 19 financial companies. As soon as that lifts, Lehman Brothers collapses.

There is an obvious lack of any adult supervision at the self regulatory bodies, and it is endangering the capital markets of these United States.

I derive my living from the markets. Up until now, I was fairly certain someone of legal age was in charge, but obviously, I was mistaken. You must, immediately, take charge of this situation by demanding the Securities Exchange Commission take charge, that they stop these raids on publically listed companies using false press releases and sleight of hand trading tactics like naked short selling, mismarking tickets, misusing the Options Market Making Exemption among others I haven't even thought of.

This is more than any one person. Capitalism is about capital formation. The total corruption of the Securities Markets threatens the City and State of New York, the financial well being of the Country, and its Citizens. I am asking you to take immediate action to stop this activity. How many more entities can we afford to bail out?

Sincerely,

#11     Sep 9, 2008
  2. Ok, I hit Sen. Feinstien with a short but sussinct little email thingy... I'd send one to Barbara Boxer but I'm not sure she can actually read :)

#12     Sep 9, 2008
  3. Live life, vote responsibly, give back to my community and grow old someday with dozens of grandchildren. Make a difference in people's lives I actually know and want to know in 50 years.

GREAT. BUT WHAT COMMUNITY WILL YOU HAVE WITH NO FINANCIAL SYSTEM. YES. IT'S THAT BAD.

He's basically saying, we're fucked.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pretty much agree and I don't really care that much. Why expect leaders to start doing a good job considering what has been done to this country over the last oh..... 15 decades.. forget it, if the place collapses try to adapt. I'm sort of searching out a tax haven anyhow, one that is not too urban, not within the reach of horribly aggressive governments /revolutionaries, not too corrupt, great weather... except for the tax part that's Santa Barbara California but hey....

YES. TO A LARGE DEGREE WE ARE. THERE IS A LOT OF WORK TO PUT ALL THIS BACK TOGETHER. HOWEVER, IT'LL BE A LOT EASIER TO START WITH SOMETHING, THEN TO SUFFER THRU A FIVE YEAR DEPRESSION, AND THEN BUILD.

ALL I'M SAYING IS, USING CONTACTS I HAVE DEVELOPED, A SHITSTORM IS HAPPENING. AND IF WE STAND UP AS A GROUP, WE MIGHT GET THESE WORTHLESS SONS OF BITCHES TO DO THE RIGHT THING. OH, THEY WON'T DO THE RIGHT THING BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT THING, THEY AREN'T THAT DEVELOPED AS HUMAN BEINGS. BUT, LET'S CONVINCE THEM IT'S DO THIS, OR ELSE.

YOU WANT TO GET REALLY PISSED. I'LL TELL YOU THIS ONE. IT WILL INFURIATE YOU. STAFFERS OF BIG NAME SENATORS AND POLITICIANS ARE TELLING PEOPLE TO BUY A PARTICULAR STOCK BECAUSE A POLITICAL EVENT IS HAPPENING. IT SEEMS, THEY ARE NOT SUBJECTED TO THE SAME LAWS AS YOU AND I.

NOW. WILL YOU DO THE LETTER FOR ME? I THOUGHT SO. THANKS. AT WORST I WASTED TEN MINUTES OF YOUR TIME. AT BEST .

BTW. JUST TOOK A PHONE CALL . SEEMS A SENATOR, ACQUAINTANCE OF BARACK OBAMA, WANTS IN. HE IS VERY UPSET ABOUT NAKED SHORT SELLING. I PROMISE YOU , W/I TWO HOURS, HE'LL BE UP TO SPEED.

#13     Sep 9, 2008
  4. Bring back the no naked shorting financials rule.

#14     Sep 9, 2008
  5. Interesting you say that. Watch closely.

However, if you remember, the original law was for 30 days with one extension, and they said ONLY one extension. The reason is, law. That is what they are allowed to do. If they don't follow it to a tee, the highest paid lawyers in the World will be all over them.

Cox and his bumbllin' troupe of Merry Madmen have painted themselves in a corner. They have no bazooka. I don't give Lehman much of a chance. The hedgies will skin 'em alive for those last eight points. Even if the SEC announces law changes now, three and a half years late, we have to wait for comments, and all that bullshit. It's going to be an awful fall (pun intended). But they did that. Not you and me. I only hope the law moves quickly. But I can't do anything about that. I can only do what I can.

#15     Sep 9, 2008
  6. here's another someone of note sent me. Feel free to use it, edit it, whatever: Edits are in caps.

Dear :
    > In recent months, we have witnessed a housing collapse, CDO / subprime
    > meltdown, Auction Rate Securities CATASTROPHE, bear raids, the failure of Bear Stearns,
    > a Government takeover of Fannie and Freddie, a fraudulent raid on United
    > Airlines that cost investors tens of millions of dollars, and today, a 45%
    > decline in the value of Lehman Brothers. Just Bear Stearns and the GSE
    > bailouts have added some 350 billion dollars to taxpayer liabilities, POSSIBLY MUCH, MUCH
    > more. We have 11 bank failures, yet these stocks continue to appear on the
    > Regulation SHO list. Union Bank of Switzerland ALLEGEDLY encrypts their
    > brokers' computers so that they may direct wealthy Americans to avoid US
    > taxes WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE FROM THE IRS. The only response we've seen worth anything was an emergency order
    > banning naked short selling on 19 financial companies. As soon as that
    > liftED, Lehman Brothers collapseD.
    > There is an obvious lack of adult supervision at the self regulatory
    > bodies, and it is endangering the capital markets of the United States.
    > I derive my living from the markets. Up until now, I was fairly certain
    > someone of legal age was in charge, but obviously, I was mistaken. You
    > must, immediately, take charge of this situation by demanding the Securities
    > Exchange Commission COMMENCE ENFORCING THE FEDERAL SECURITIES LAWS ON THE BOOKS THAT REQUIRE TIMELY DELIVERY AND BAN MANIPULATION AND INSIDER TRADING, and that they stop these raids on publicly
    > listed companies using false press releases and sleight of hand trading
    > tactics like naked short selling, mismarking tickets, misusing the Options
    > Market Making Exemption - among others I haven't even thought of.
    > This is more than any one person. Capitalism is about capital formation.
    > The total corruption of the Securities Markets threatens the City and State
    > of New York, the financial well being of the country, and its citizens. I
    > am asking you to take immediate action to stop this activity. How many more
    > entities can we afford to bail out?
    > Sincerely,

#16     Sep 9, 2008
  7. Spare us from the unemotional, dead from the neck up 'reasonable' man.

Those are the useless clowns that got us into this mess.

While the scams were in full bloom, they didn't get excited.

Now that the shit has hit the fan, they don't get excited.

How useless can you get.

I guess their portfolios being down 30% or more doesnt get them excited either.

But one day, they go quietly to their attics and blow their unemotional brains out.

Good riddance, just dont splatter on me.

#17     Sep 10, 2008
  8. funny, Seven. I'm waiting for some high level suicide.

To the rest of you, judging by my PM's at least 1000 emails will hit these idiots this morning. Is it enough? Don't know. But I am heartened to know more of us are on the same page.

I wish I could share more with you. It'll happen over time. But let me just toss out some random thoughts.........

Tax avoidance/evasion, bribery, extortion, fraud, collusion....

And if you think about your own experiences. You see, when I see UAUA, I am about 90% certain it was a set up. Seen it so many times. Think back to your experiences you may have just shrugged off.

You all have lost more money to these guys than you can possibly know.

Maybe independant traders need an organization to protect their interests. Then, we can get really powerful, and become part of the problem.:p

#18     Sep 10, 2008
  9. Thanks Makloda!

#19     Sep 10, 2008
  10. LOL you're being led around by the nose like a hoodwinked sheeple.

GermanTrader may be dumb, but you are just clueless.

#20     Sep 10, 2008