You make the call - how big will the Ferguson riots be?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Nov 18, 2014.

Ferguson Riots

Poll closed Nov 25, 2014.
  1. Multi city category 5 chimp out

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Large, mostly peaceful marches

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. A few demonstrations with more police than protesters

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Zip, zero, nota

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Shooting apes on sight doesn't leave a whole lot of room for interpretation.

#51     Nov 20, 2014
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It absolutely does. This is because when we refer to "animals" or "apes" or whatever, we're referring to behavior. You're referring to skin color. You make it racist. We're focusing on actions, which define people.

You do this because it's the only way you can protest. Everyone standing against those protesting and rioting must be racist. They can't possibly have a point - protestors (black, white, whatever) are always right!

That black man breaking into a shoe store to steal some Nike sneakers? It's because he's poor! The two guys smashing an electronics store up and taking TVs? Slavery's fault! The women tearing through a Circle-K? That's something to do with White Privilege!

Never once is it the fault of the individual - the animal - who is behaving poorly.

#52     Nov 20, 2014
  3. Exactly.

#53     Nov 20, 2014
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

1. How many times have you read of white protesters being referred to as "apes"? (And before you respond "lots", provide a few examples)

2. Do you really see no difference between shooting someone trespassing on your property and shooting somebody "on sight"?

#54     Nov 20, 2014
  5. fhl

fhl

[​IMG]

#55     Nov 20, 2014
  6. Dude, I'm not about to debate minute, micro issues over my choice of wording so don't even bother quoting me again. The smart people understood what I was saying and that's all that matters.

#56     Nov 20, 2014
    der_kommissar likes this.
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Yes, we did. So shoot yourself.

Oops, I mean suit yourself. ; )

#57     Nov 20, 2014
  8. Lol ,
    I have to ask Tsing , can what Ricter just said be described as ''Rhetorical'' ?

#58     Nov 20, 2014
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Sure, but it isn't a rhetorical question. Just rhetoric. I'm glad you're coming to me more often for your education, Spike. We'll make an educated man out of you yet.

#59     Nov 20, 2014
  10. Thanks.:).

#60     Nov 20, 2014