You Make $1 Billion. You Flee to Florida. Then the Tax Man Knocks.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jun 14, 2018.

1. He should be referring to the overspending legislature rather than the departing residents.

#11     Jun 14, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  2. smallfil

smallfil

#12     Jun 15, 2018
  3. smallfil

smallfil

Maybe, the rich don't actually want to pay more in taxes contrary to what Warren Buffett keeps telling people in the media? The same blowhard showed his tax return to the liberal media where he showed an income of only $11 million and for which, he paid a measly sum of $1 million. Now, take note that he is worth atleast, $72 billion. At a very conservative 5% estimate on his $72 billion, he would easily earn $3.6 billion. So, where did all those monies go? Tax loopholes of course, and all legal. Of course, Warren Buffett is only paying "lip service" to the liberal media worshipping him in adoration!

#13     Jun 15, 2018
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  4. Greenie

Greenie

Not sure the move is about that.

Only poor people worry about taxes.

#14     Jun 15, 2018
  5. Can think of worse places than palm beach to retire or work from.

#15     Jun 15, 2018
  6. Sig

Sig

Then you moved to Palm Beach because you wanted to move to Palm Beach, yes? Taxe rates would have had nothing to do with it. If you would have preferred to live in Manhattan and instead moved to Palm Beach as an extremely wealthy individual because FL has lower taxes you've pretty clearly lost perspective, IMHO.

#16     Jun 15, 2018
  7. Can always visit Manhattan. Simple math ie simple compounding of interest and earnings is a big deal when talking big numbers.

#17     Jun 15, 2018
  8. smallfil

smallfil

And the liberals keep whining that the tax cuts benefit only the wealthy? Yet, the biggest whining idiots are the filthy, rich liberals with multiple McMansions and now have to pay more? Jokes on them. Not all their lies are going to change the facts! It is just hilarious when Nancy Pelosi says $1,000.00 bonus is nothing but, the $40.00 tax cut Obama gave US taxpayers was a huge tax cut! They are the biggest liars around and surprisingly, still some people vote for these ass clowns?

#18     Jun 15, 2018
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  9. Sig

Sig

That's exactly my point! I understand the logic of "Florida=low tax=you die with significantly>$0 in your bank account". I just think the last step of that equation is idiotic. My equation is "more money=I get to use that money to live where I want and enjoy life and not inconvenience myself one whit on account of money=I don't care how big my bank account is when I die as long as it's >0". Just a different outlook on life, I guess.

#19     Jun 15, 2018
    ironchef and Pekelo like this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

It's always easy pontificating* what you would do .... if I was or I had or I would or why do they etc etc.

* in other words talking chit.

#20     Jun 15, 2018