You Lucky Bastards: FMD

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

Impressive, GS says they will buy less shares than previously announced and will pull access to $1B credit line and the stock rises. FMD says it doesn't need the CL, also positive. Price action tells the story here, clearly a lot of demand for the stcok at this level.

Correction GS didn't pull the line, it expired without FMD taking advantage of it, in other words very bullish.

#51     Apr 10, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

take advantage of the high vol and sell the Bull put spread reducing your cost basis by the net credit. ie buy the stock at 4.04 and with the net credit you own it at 2.80 ish. Once the vol dies down (if it does as for all I know this thing keeps getting bought) roll the stock in to the now much cheaper 5 or 7.5 Jan 09 calls.

#52     Apr 10, 2008
  3. FMD turned down a 1 billion warehouse facility offered by Goldman. Goldman is obligated to purchase 200 million $$$ worth of additional shares of FMD, TERI is still on the hook for any defaults on student loans (5.5% to 7.4%), as are client banks that have purchased the loans (Bank of America, Citizens Bank).

FMD is not obligated on any loans, period.

I may do exactly what you said, MVIC; sell puts and buy calls. I am very disgusted my limit order didn't get filled.

#53     Apr 10, 2008
  4. I'm still holding here. One of the worst plays I made lately. Down $1800 at 4.05. May just eat it....better than the $2800 this morning.

I may sink or swim with it I don't know. I don't feel like putting another dime in it. If I sell here, probably shoots up:(

Not the news pump I needed.

Really sucks when you have a play on a stock, everything rallies including shit stocks

#54     Apr 10, 2008
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

in it to win it baby....I should have bought back the 900 i sold yesterday...nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...just glad to be where its at

#55     Apr 10, 2008
  6. Yeah, I fagged out in 3's...Lets run this fucking stock into close!

Give me a new insurer or SOMETHING!

#56     Apr 10, 2008
  7. You said you were down -2800 at one point.. that's a pounding?

Do people at elitetrader seriously trade with such small size that -2800 is something to even sniff at?

#57     Apr 10, 2008
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

percentage-wise what would you call a $5.00 hitting $3.12?? freak....."a tickle in the tummy" or an "ass pounding" :p

and my prediction to pump and super mc dump is up 10 cents on the close..peace

#58     Apr 10, 2008
  9. DennisR

DennisR

I'm long june 10 calls. I'm not boasting about gains. I'm in the hole about $500 now. Bought 20 calls for .45 and 10 for .25. Looks nice (from 10am on lol)

#59     Apr 10, 2008
  10. well -2800 to -1000 at 4.48.

Sorry not a high roller like you...only have 1500 shares average above $5. Didn't want to take a big gamble and chase it this morning(would of could of didn't)Hell, it could have gone to 2's....

Gonna see how this plays out...interesting.4.50 and melting up....

#60     Apr 10, 2008