You lost the election, you're going to lose on the fiscal cliff

Discussion in 'Politics' started by L-Kabong, Dec 17, 2012.

1. I thought I understood the fact that so many guys with little or no actual trading experience come here with the expectation of hearing how real traders communicate, share ideas, and all the rest. But, for the most part, and from what I've read, there are probably 10-15 posters that actually trade for a living, or have enough experience to actually make a living at it.

And, all that is fine. But, like you, I got more caught up in the P&R section BECAUSE the trading threads are a joke for the most part. they all get excited about paying to paper trade a video game, they post up doctored or simply false trading sheets, try to use the terminology, usually wrong, and it is not worth much. I have read a few people, Atticus, maverick, and a couple more who seem to be willing to share trading information, but not many others.

So, the P&r section can give some smiles and it is fun to see how easy it is to play games with others.

You seem to be one of the smart ones, as is Phoenix Trader, although he does get off on tangents pretty easily. I really hope he does get his trading gig going, and will offer my help if he wants it.

I still don't get pspr, I think I get Max and 377 - and as I said, I'm home, back to Virginia, with no plans to go back to Europe for a couple of months. I'll check in from time to time. the electrical parts distributor that I have bought seems to be on the right track, leaving me plenty of time to trade, especially NY hours.

I have a big expiration coming Friday, and need to do a lot of rollovers into January. I see some nice Butterflies because of the concern about that stupid fiscal cliff, what a joke, but easy money nonetheless.

I am more than willing to discuss whatever you like Tsing, and I won't let the silly ones try to play some game with me, or get me to stay away. It will be a self imposed time out, if at all.

What kind of trading do you do Tsing? I prefer options and some SPY direction stuff. I can't get my head around Forex, too much room for bank interference IMO.

I hope you don't mind my reaching out to you, I meant what I said above. You have a Great Christmas.

#51     Dec 18, 2012
  2. Sounds like we agree on, at least, the fact of the crap upstairs. Paying to play a video game paper trading thing, I thought I'd seen it all.

#52     Dec 18, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

are you Don Bright?

#53     Dec 18, 2012
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Why are we talking about cutting items that are not related to over expenditure? Shouldn't we first find the cause of the deficits and cut those budget items? Entitlements are not the cause of the deficits , so why cut them?

There are only two budget items that are responsible for the entire deficit. The spending on these items is way out of whack with the rest of the industrialized world.

The items are medical costs and defense spending. Medical care is 100% too high priced in the USA. Let's cut it in half. That will save 1.4 Trillion dollars per year. I don't know the best way to do that, but I do know a way. All we have to do is mimic the medical care system in any other industrialized country. Let's choose from among the systems in these other countries, and pick the one we like best. There is 14 trillion over ten years. And the best thing is we should end up with better care.

We spend almost as much on defense as the rest of the world combined, even though we haven't been attacked by another country for 71 years!
    Let's cut our defense spending down to the point were we only spend ten times per capita what other industrialized nations spend. There is 0.425 Trillion per year or 4.25 Trillion over ten years.

With only those two items we are looking at a savings of 18Trillion over ten years.

That's all we have to do folks. Then we don't have to raise anyone's taxes, and we don't have to touch entitlements. And the national debt will vanish in a decade or two. There is plenty of money in the government sector already, but it is being wasted. Medical and Defense costs are correlated as cause and effect with deficits and the national debt, therefore that's where the focus for cuts should be!

We'll be forced to make big cuts in these areas eventually regardless. Let's get on with it.

#54     Dec 18, 2012
  5. Mav88

Mav88

we have been down this road before.. so entitlements are not a problem but the cost of health care is? that's really stupid, and 'we' don't agree on what is best, so it isn't that simple.

Cost is being driven up by government distortions, the solution is less government and less handouts.

Sept. 11 2001?

even with wars, we are at cold war averages, it's not the problem. However ALL social welfare programs have been increasing exponentially over the last 20 years. Sorry but mathematics is not on your side

right, ignore all the projections and awful demographics. Stupid!

#55     Dec 19, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Merry Christmas to you too.

#56     Dec 19, 2012
  7. Sounds like your boy atticus needs somebody to hold his hand and wipe away the tears.

#57     Dec 19, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

PT, give it a rest, man. You need to learn when enough is enough. I know you'll jump all over me now, but honestly - if the man apologized for something, don't kick him on it.

#58     Dec 19, 2012
  9. apology?
    There was no apology to me in there.

#59     Dec 19, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Whatever. He apologized to someone and you quoted it in disgust. Both you and atticus have been equally offensive to each other. It is necessary to drag it through every single thread in this forum?

#60     Dec 19, 2012