You Know You're A Moonbat If...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Yeah, dddooo, your sincerity is overwhelming.

Now, if all the public schools were as good as yours apparently are, I wouldn't be complaining. But they are not.

Knowing my children will be educated for free in public schools should a catastrophe befall my family does not engender any level of extreme comfort to me.

Must be nice being a smug lib on this topic when the situation in your area just happens to be great...

#41     Mar 8, 2006
  2. rcmcfe

rcmcfe

The US Public education system is ranked 21st in the world...Where's the liberal I can thank for that?:confused:

#42     Mar 8, 2006
  3. And the leading 20 nations have what kind of education system, private? Hahaha, try again.

Are they right-wing countries way more conservative and capitalistic than the US, right? Like Japan, Finland, Canada, Sweden, France are bastions of conservatism and capitalism and that's why their education systems are better than ours. I did not think so.

#43     Mar 8, 2006
  4. The point I was making was that public education can work, it works all over the world, it's worked great for a very long time in this country and it's still working at least in some areas. And yes it was "invented" by liberals and because of it billions of children in the world were able to go to school, graduate, become doctors, engineers, scientists and build the world as we know it.

It needs to be fixed and improved, not destroyed so that your kids can benefit from it as much as mine do.

#44     Mar 8, 2006
  5. No, their public schools are simply filled with better quality students. Pretty simple.

dddoo, honestly, I'm amazed at you. To claim that public education, in the US, is "working" is one heck of a statement to make.

I really have to ask, what standard are you applying to determine that? So far you've only offered your kids' school's college acceptance rate. You don't really expect anyone to agree public education is working on the strength of that measly evidence do you?

Do you even care about what they're learning? Or whether they are actually learning anything (useful)?

Check this out (I always post recent news, btw):

Can't even speak English for crying out loud.

Come on. If this is not a sham, I don't know what is.

1 in 5 - that's 20%, folks - can't pass a test in basic English, Math and Algebra. If this is considered "working", I'd have to see "failing".

A couple of weeks ago there a current affairs special in Australia in which recent high school graduates were given tests that seniors took in 1976 - not one of them passed. Is this "working"?

The fact is, education is being destroyed by fancy liberal education theories. "Dumbing down" isn't just a conservative buzz word, it's a real phenomenon. (If I had to guess, I would say it's being done because there are so many less able minority students these days, that to teach a proper curriculum would leave them so far behind the gap in ability would be too large to ignore.)

#45     Mar 9, 2006