You Know You're A Moonbat If...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 7, 2006.

1. 15. You leap at any chance of warping statistics to prove your point, including - but not limited to - using fairies, hobbits and elves as potential vote counters.

#11     Mar 8, 2006
  2. jem

jem

I was one of those kids who in Junior high had to deal with the busing. I was mugged three times as a seventh grader in New York. My mom said she would never send her daughter to public schools so she told me Dad we would have to pay for private schools. My dad said he would rather pay more for a house in a safe school district. We moved to Greenwich Ct when I was in eigth grade.

And real estate in good safe school districts has gone up dramatically ever since.

#12     Mar 8, 2006
  3. I am not even sure what you're arguing. Is it that the public school system is no good despite its huge successes and achievements all over the world during the last couple of centuries? Or you are arguing that black students should be segregated from white students? Or both?

#13     Mar 8, 2006
  4. Z10 who opened the door to China? Do you know?

#14     Mar 8, 2006
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

(Raises hand into the air)

Oooo Oooo I do I do.
    :D

#15     Mar 8, 2006
  6. Mao Zedong in 1972

#16     Mar 8, 2006
  7. I'm saying American public education is the pits. And the rot has only set in over the last few decades (so let's put aside its illustrious two century history). What you were saying is that because it's good for your kids, hey, there's no problem with it. That was the part I was responding to.

Should whites and blacks be separated? Well, it works in prisons; and every time some do-gooder judge forces prisons to integrate, violence breaks out. Perhaps public education could learn something from that.

I mean, as terrible as that sounds, why must children suffer to satsify the feel-good fantasies of liberals like you? I just don't get it.

-----------------------------------

To add to the original post's list, you know you're a moonbat if:

your kid can identify a spotted owl at thirty feet but isn't quite sure which century World War 2 took place - and you think this is a good thing.

#17     Mar 8, 2006
  8. Oh relax will you. dddooo assures us it's A-OK.

#18     Mar 8, 2006
  9. Of course public education needs to be improved, the reason I used the example of my kids was to simply show that it can be done. I am not sure whether your comparison of schools and prisons is all that convincing and frankly I fail to see what your posts and relatively valid complaints about deteriorating public education in the US have to do with suffering children and liberal fantasies. Especially given the fact that the public education system has been getting progressively worse during exactly the same several decades that conservatives have been getting more and more power.

#19     Mar 8, 2006
  10. But it doesn't show it. Not at all. That's why I suggested you consult your "100 statisticians".

It's not? Blacks bully whites, for racial reasons, in prison. Blacks bully whites, for racial reasons, in public schools.

Busing was supposed to be a panacea for the racial divide, wasn't it? History has shown that not only hasn't it been, children have suffered from the experience.

Liberal fantasy --> suffering children + deteriorating education standards.

It all seems pretty straightforward to me.

#20     Mar 8, 2006