You know what would be cool?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rearden Metal, May 28, 2013.

1. MattSF

MattSF

#11     May 29, 2013
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Speak of the devil, Rearden, I was just talking about you ten minutes ago, and now i notice you posted for the first time in months. Please start posting again, ET misses your commentary...

If you dont feel like posting let me know how the year is going and ill talk to you elsewhere. :D

#12     May 29, 2013
  3. #13     May 29, 2013
  4. This would be a highly profitable edge in itself, I can think of several things people wouldn't believe, and I am sure some here would wager a few grand against them out of hubris.

Come on chaps, find some trusted arbiter asap!

#14     May 30, 2013
  5. But if they back down, their accusations lose credibility. After all, if a trusted arbiter is available, why not wager a few thousand, or even $50, if you are so sure? Why turn down free money? The only reason is i) the arbiter is not trusted ii) you realise you might wrong after all, and just got called on your BS.

RM is correct that putting real money at stake sorts the genuine beliefs from the hot air. Just like real money trades represent conviction in a way that 'trading calls' do not.

#15     May 30, 2013
  6. cornix

cornix

It would be not bad indeed to have mechanism for credibility check of ET claims. Would drop amount of trolls significantly and raise the reputation of legit posters.

#16     May 30, 2013