you just knew this was coming. palin working for fox news.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 11, 2010.

1. rew

rew

The Republicans *have* a viable candidate -- Ron Paul. The only problem is, the Republican establishment hates him. He tells the truth, which is always going to be upsetting to a mainstream politician.

#41     Jan 13, 2010
  2. Do you find Reverend Wright's comments, and the fact that Obama attended his church for many years to be highly offensive?

#42     Jan 13, 2010
  3. 105 mil.-4 year deal, YEAH RIGHT!!!It is unreal how gullible you Pikers are. O Reilly himself doesn't make near that. And why would they sign this flash in the pan to a long term deal. My guess is that she's working for scale on a trial basis. After seeing her last night, I give it a few weeks before they go Leno on her sweet ass.

Rennick out :cool:

#43     Jan 13, 2010
  4. Working the numbers backwords i knew that number was out of wack, it doesnt even mack sense, in order for someone to believe those numbers you would have to believe that of the 4 million viewers they get a night they get a dollar a viewer in ads.

#44     Jan 13, 2010
  5. newt

#45     Jan 13, 2010
  6. Mnphats

Mnphats

I believe that is a straw-person, on your side of the aisle.

:D :D

#46     Jan 13, 2010
  7. jem

jem

You did not get the point of sowells clip. He distinguishes those who use their brains and there education to create things which can be measured from "intellectuals". His was an interesting take.

But I will address your comment about religious people vs intellectuals.

Up until recently and probably still today religious leaders have been the intellectuals... The Catholic church is led by highly educated people. Most main stream protestant churches are led by intellectuals. The Rabbis I have met are intellectuals. I think you confuse your view of uneducated evangelicals with religious people as a whole.

The religious people I know frequently possess graduate degrees. Many are intellectuals who earn their living doing something or producing something.

Many religious leaders and philosophers are intellectuals. Most of the priests I have met are intellectuals. many intellectuals are called to religion.

Sowell points out that most of the "intellectuals" in government are far too full of themselves. They don't have as much useful knowledge as they think they possess. Most of those ones we see now have not really done something other than produce untested ideas.

I note he distinguishes "intellectuals" from people who actually use their brains and degrees to create stuff will can be objectively measured.

#47     Jan 14, 2010
  8. stu

stu

So jem what is it exactly that's intellectual about seeking answers from an imaginary cloud fairy, on your knees, with your eyes shut ?

#48     Jan 14, 2010
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Faux political correctness, another strawman from the right.

#49     Jan 14, 2010
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

+1

:D

#50     Jan 14, 2010