You just can't make this stuff up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Well, well. A lot of hard talk.

But is it just talk?

Will you supposed "hardliners" actually do anything about Islam? Like ending all immigration from Muslim countries? Taking steps to repatriate Muslims to their countries of origin? Banning the practise of Islam?

Of course not. So keep talking. You sound real tough.

#11     Mar 8, 2006

2. ??? Do what about Islam? Islam is not the issue, bad behavior is. End immigration from Muslim countries? That's dumb. Ban Islam? I don't understand your extreme posture and excuse me if you've explained it earlier.

But I do think we have many solutions available. The problem is the issue of appearance for a certain segnment of our populace. I could care less about appearance if the solutions are based on truthful remedies and sound logic. I am not interested in the "Rodney King" logic for the sake of saying we're trying to get along.

None of them are available if the collective populace does not have the same remedy for bad behavior. Not the interest in understanding why the shooting occured, but the solution of what to do now. And that solution must be implemented with the understanding that for a time we must ignore the cries of the guilty for maximum tollerance and understanding of their outbursts. :)

#12     Mar 8, 2006

3. ??? Do what about Islam? Islam is not the issue, bad behavior is. End immigration from Muslim countries? That's dumb. Ban Islam? I don't understand your extreme posture and excuse me if you've explained it earlier.

But I do think we have many solutions available. The problem is the issue of appearance for a certain segment of our populace. I could care less about appearance if the solutions are based on truthful remedies and sound logic. I am not interested in the "Rodney King" logic for the sake of saying we're trying to get along.

None of them, solutions, are available if the collective populace does not have the same remedy for bad behavior. Not the interest in understanding why the shooting occurred, but the solution of what to do now. And that solution must be implemented with the understanding that for a time we must ignore the cries of the guilty for maximum tolerance and understanding of their outbursts. :)

#13     Mar 8, 2006
  4. So you're saying there should be a solution.

Wonderful.

What is it?

#14     Mar 8, 2006
  5. I've said this before, but here goes again. the issue with muslim immigration is analogous to illegal hispanc immigration. Individually, the immigrants tend to be fine, upstanding, hardworking people that we can like and respect. The problem occurs whne too many come here and as a result feel no need to assimilate. Then we have problems. With hispanics, it's gangs, crime, welfare, schools, emergency rooms, etc. With muslims, we get communities that harbor very hostile attitudes toward our country. They may not be willing to go out and commit acts of terror, but they go to mosques where such acts are praised and encouraged. They provide a support group for radical or hostile extremists.

This is not a difficult concept. Why fill your country up with people who have fundamental problems adapting to your culture?

#15     Mar 8, 2006
  6. To say nothing of their willingness to maximize every multiculturalist resource at their disposal to (further) transform traditional American society (or any society they afflict) into something alien - which they do with their mere presence.

Islam, quite simply, is the mother of all "others". Nobody who understands this should yield one inch to this our most ancient foe.

#16     Mar 8, 2006
  7. There is no monolithic solution. Each problem has several viable options, including civil, civilized disagreement. Continued implementation will ultimately yield the meld. Especially if one side will understand that they are the new group in the mix and that there are already existing rules that they must abide by. One of which is that in America you have the right to firmly, unyieldingly, without restriction, disagree with a position without being killed.

Isn't it also odd that folks who come here are not the ones seeming to having issues. It is those who are not here who feel slighted. That is until they have a catastrophe. Then it is America who must be looked to to send damn near everything. Only then to find and attitude of, "Americans better send something as rich as they are!" Never once have I heard the cry, "Keep your stinking aid and money. We would never take a pittance from you dogs!"

I contend that we don't need to lead into understandings with us cowering into submission our ideals and beliefs. America has a culture too! It is here, growing, and in operation. And whether it is liked or not, it is the way of the land.

If they are to come here and acclimate, then it is they who need to adjust. For Americans, it is an option as to whether or not they will change for whatever reason. If they (foreigners) do not like this position, they are not restricted from returning to their native lands and practices. And I believe it is that factor that just pisses the extremists off. Extremists, including those here (American and others), would have a literal cow if we were to start rounding up illegal anything for punishment. It's not just about immigration.

While Muslim beliefs may be A dominant fare of the rest of the world, it is but one of many here. And it will not be the ultimate, top dog any time soon. :)

#17     Mar 8, 2006
  8. Which means you have the right to reject everything you say in this post.

This doesn't have the beginnings of a "solution" to me...

They aren't?

What? You think traditional American culture is on the upswing? Do you even live in America?

And if they do not?

But what if they don't like that position, but don't leave either? What if they simply decide to try and transfrom your society, that "culture" that you belive America has, into something resembling their own? What defense will you mount?

Oh, I see. It won't happen on your watch.

Your grandkids can cross that bridge when they come to it.

I'm sure they'll remember you fondly.

#18     Mar 8, 2006
  9. Let's see, reject what I say. Hmm! I have no reason to. I stand by my conviction. And I need not provide a solution for you, you clearly have your own. And that my friend is cool.

And the last time I checked with relevant news and outlets there have been no major uprisings of Muslims marching or protesting in the country.

And clearly the culture is on the upswing. I don't see to many Americans forgoing the "bling" in order to grow closer to ~ whatever! While you may not like or agree with where things are going, hopefully you do understand that they are improving. No matter where you happen to be. And while you may be laissezfaire in your economic understanding, I do choose to understand the needs that face us today.

American? Hmm, as a late forties African American male who has lived in seven states in my lifetime (currently residing in both Chicago and Dallas) , I believe I have the qualifications to call myself American. Oh, and I have traveled and worked in six countries so I can also claim some international understandings. Actually, with a rather unique perspective. Further, I am neither Democrat, nor Republican, nor liberal!

I'll go even further. I am a self-employed computer tech (18 plus years). My girlfriend is an African American, self-employed diversity trainer for fortune 500 companies. We are both authors also (she is published, my writings are on demand, private contract stuff, tech and fictional).

And should they choose not, they will have a self-imposed, difficult time trying to buck a system and a peoples who are less tolerant than they have been for some time. And no matter how loudly they scream, resistance if futile! Cheeseburgers, free speech, cell phones, open communication, Internet, jobs, money! They are in deep trouble. If they have children, xBox or some similar device will claim them soon. Zap ~ WESTERNIZED!!!!!! I can hear the loud sucking sound now.

And I need no special defense. The culture will adopt and transform them even in their resistance. For you see, this is one of the few areas of the world where some pigeon will stick a mic in their faces and invite them into the seductive TV world of celebrity of the month. They'll be on the tour circuit and writing a book within the quarter. There are a ton of effective ways to fight the enemy once they come here. And the longer they stay, the better we do! :)

Happen on my watch? In Chicago we already have an Islamic presence that is working to make that mending easier for new arrivals. Oh yeah, the new Islamic family that lives on our block, I love their cultural differences. We have had a lot of fun these past three months. He and his family are changing, rapidly! And he loves having his family in the United States finally. They are here on the legit too. He has great kids to top it off. They play rather nicely with all the rest of the kids on the block. Maybe the trouble is not in the kids huh?

And just like me, their family is pissed at the ~ ILLEGALS AND THE EXTREMISTS!!! Go figure!! :)

#19     Mar 8, 2006

10. Go back and read "they" instead of "you" where I say "you have the right to..." That should make the meaning clear.

There have certainly been a huge number of other incidents. If you're not aware of them, I don't think you really have much credibility in defining the current state of affairs.

But their certainly have been such protests in other western countries. Recently, too. Ever heard of umm, France? But I suppose that could never happen in America.

Well, I suppose you're right. That's what American culture has been reduced to. Traditional American culture, however, has been assigned to the dustbin.

You truly have no idea of what is taking place with these people.

Yep, you've clearly swallowed the Kool Aid.

#20     Mar 9, 2006