you have to trade fx with mental stops?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by chipmunk, Oct 15, 2009.

1. l2tradr

l2tradr

I'm interested to know, why do you say that your broker chases your stops? I'm assuming you've verified the data against another quote feed? Could you post some screenshots of this? I'm sure it would be very helpful for traders that may think of using the same broker you are.

Also, have you looked into currency futures? If what you're saying is legitimate, switching to futures should solve the problem.

#11     Oct 15, 2009
  2. 1) If short term trading and you are watching the market use mental stops.

2) If longer term trading, go with currency futures and use hard stops.

3) One other option is to hedge trade instead of using stops. For example, you feel the market is going to go against your position for awhile before reverting, use another account to place a trade in the opposite direction until the market reverses back into your direction.

#12     Oct 15, 2009

3. Or an inversely correlated pair on the same account.

#13     Oct 15, 2009
  4. euclid

euclid

I tried using mental stops, but my broker still takes them out. What gauge of tin foil are you guys wearing? I'm thinking mine is perhaps not thick enough to protect my stops.

#14     Oct 15, 2009
  5. l2tradr

l2tradr

Hahhhaaaaahhhaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

#15     Oct 15, 2009
  6. melb-nyc

melb-nyc

look mind your tone mate, you will never accomplish anything with that kind of attitude and if you keep faulting your broker. if you don't like your broker then switch, I use dukascopy. Minimum 50k to open standard account, that only if you are willing to risk. You ARE the problem, got it?

#16     Oct 15, 2009
  7. :D

#17     Oct 16, 2009
  8. Exactly, and fairly simple to do if someone is paranoid about their broker taking out their stops deliberately.

#18     Oct 16, 2009
  9. Give an example of how your broker has 'fleeced' you, with something to support your complaint.

Alternatively seek help for your paranoia from a mental health professional! :p

#19     Oct 16, 2009
  10. melb-nyc

melb-nyc

good idea, perhaps yoga class would help to keep your " peace of mind ".

#20     Oct 16, 2009