You have to love liberal economics.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Dec 28, 2017.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ah, I see. So that we're discussing the same thing, which law that Trump has been breaking are you are referring to?

#221     Jan 3, 2018
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Take your pick:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

Trump and his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal courts and state court, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate.[1] Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.[1] Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court.[2] A number of other cases (over 150) were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida(covering Broward County, Florida) since 1983.[3] In about 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs' claims against Trump. In hundreds more, cases ended with the available public record unclear about the resolution.[1] Where there was a clear resolution, Trump won 451 times, and lost 38.[4]

The topics of the legal cases include contract disputes, defamation claims, and allegations of sexual harassment. Trump's companies have been involved in more than 100 tax disputes, and on "at least three dozen" occasions the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance has obtained tax liensagainst Trump properties for nonpayment of taxes.[1] On a number of occasions, Trump has threatened legal action but did not ultimately follow through.[5]

#222     Jan 3, 2018
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Trump's businesses have contract disputes defamation claims and allegations of sexual harassment. Tax issues, etc. All of these are quite common to large corporate organizations.

So where is Trump, personally, breaking the law again?

#223     Jan 3, 2018
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

If I am a sole proprietor of a business and don't pay property taxes, is it me personally or my business breaking the law?

If maddoff runs a Ponzi scheme using a business, is it Bernie or the business breaking the law?

#224     Jan 3, 2018
  5. Tom B

Tom B

We never grew by 3%+ annually. What do you consider vibrant?

#225     Jan 3, 2018
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

There can be many reasons why corporations (Trump's businesses are not sole proprietorship) decline to pay taxes. Sometimes they dispute claims, sometimes they claim deductions that they fight over. Hell, I personally had a victory over the IRS over taxes I said I did not have to pay and my accountant went to battle with the IRS over. I won. During the dispute, I'm sure you could have said I was not paying my taxes.

#226     Jan 3, 2018
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Trump's businesses are not corporations, it's a privately held conglomerate. I quoted/highlighted property taxes because he's failed to pay those taxes (against the law).

So tell me again, if he's been paying off people to keep quiet about his settlements and culpability, and he's lost a bunch of cases for criminal behavior, is it like the tree in the woods? Can't be called criminal because no one has heard him admit it?

If Paco crossed the border and pays a fine while not admitting culpability, does that erase the crime? That question is rhetorical, rich folk have been buying Justice forever.

#227     Jan 3, 2018
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Uh...the term "corporation" applies to how the business is organized. I am making the assumption, of course, that Trump doesn't run his businesses as "LLCs" or Limited Liability Corporations.

Again, show where Trump has personally been convicted of breaking the law. I don't have a problem with calling him a criminal.

No argument on rich people buying Justice. It's been around a long time. Just find it curious why your witch hunt seems to stop at Trump.

#228     Jan 3, 2018
  9. Tom B

Tom B

No business training at all.

#229     Jan 3, 2018
    Max E. and vanzandt like this.