You Have No Rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Mar 4, 2010.

1. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWiBt-pqp0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWiBt-pqp0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. Ricter

Ricter

I really liked George, but I found him to be trying too hard in his later years. Yeah, "it's all make believe folks". Big revelation, George. No shit. The only people who find this funny, vs. mildly amusing, are those who don't get the symbolic aspect of reality in the first place.

Edit: oops, what I'm getting at is, there are rights if we say there are. We can influence, if not determine, our destiny.

3. I really could only watch a few minutes of that. He has too much filth coming out of his mouth. You have to be as ignorant as george is(or not smart enough to figure stuff out on your own) to find this funny. He wants to know why they make you put your hand on the bible? To remind you that there are consequences for your actions. That even if you get away with lying in court, that you wont get away with it on the day of judgement. Raising your hand is to show you have nothing in it and to show that you are peaceful. Its pretty much just a tradition now. They really dont "make that stuff up" It always comes from somewhere.

But the interesting thing that would've been funny would be if george actually read the bible, then he would know that it says you are not supposed to swear on it, or swear to God, or swear to anything.

Matthew 5:33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

4. No doubt Carlin introduced alot of boomers to critical thinking.
    Funny? Its a cavernous word to pin down. Comedians were modern day philosophers for the masses; not all but a select
    bunch. Even if they didn't crack you up they were worth paying attention to for the insights ...everyone has their personal favorites. I was destroyed by Kinnison when he first came onto the scene, same with Robin Williams. "GET OUT OF THE DESERT"
    Remember that? Whenever I watch comedy channel I don't stay very long these days. Not alot of talent or I'm getting old.

5. Mercor

Mercor

Most people don't understand that the Government does not give you rights . The role of the Government is to protect your rights.

"that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

Only Liberals like Carlin wish the Government to hold the power to both give and take away rights.

When communists take over the first thing they do is outlaw religion, in order to force the people to believe it is the government that gives out rights. To remove the only higher power then Government.

If you refuse to accept religion then believe that your existence by itself guarantees basic rights. (This is one reason it is illogical not to extend basic rights to unborn humans)

6. Carlin was a comedian as the hippie dippy weatherman. Like all too many comedians he evolved to angry political commentary, which always gets the easy laugh once you find your crowd, be it right or left. Generating original comedy if tough work, and one could argue damn near impossible to sustain over a career that spans more than a couple of years.

7. Oh the powdered wig perspective. Doesn't do much good to know that you're "endowed" with inalienable rights if there's noone there to protect and enforce them. A little like walking into a liquor store and telling the clerk, God told you that fifth of Johnny Blue is your personal endownment. And, no sense in being grateful for the protection or even respectful of the institution that provides it since you fell out of mom with them rights.

"The Consent of the governed" ...well, both camps have seen how feeble that membrane has become and the Supreme Court has insured that our future too will be governed by consent granted from advertising dollars. Compete with it!

Religion? Them commies won't let you believe in armaggedon,
    arks and armadillo cults? And for all the comfort from that all we
    grant them is tax amnesty. My cable is about a quarter devoted to Home Shopping and televangelists who keep pawing at grandma's estate until theres nothing left for the kids. Hell, they should find their own way anyway. Religion provides better camo cover for corporate behind the scenes moving and shaking then Predator's invisibility cloak. May we live in interesting times.