You have got to be kidding me

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Com'on Doc, I know we're on the opposite side of these issues, but you've "Never" seen the type of vitriol we have now? Were you asleep from Nov. 2000 to Jan 20 2008? The kill Bush rant went from election night 2000 to the day he left office.
    I'll agree it's bad, but it damn sure ain't any worse.

#11     Sep 17, 2009
  2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12     Sep 17, 2009
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

Not selective, I just never saw those signs. Good article, but I have questions. The author blames the MSM for not reporting the threats and thus notifying the Secret Service. Well, where the hell were Fox News, the Washington Times and the Drudge Report? How come those media Bush supporters didn't notify the Secret Service?

It's entirely possible that the Bush White House told the SS to investigate but keep it quiet unless there was a real threat. Certainly dozens of harmless people who made no threats but merely wore T-shirts critical of the Bush administration were turned away from his so-called "town meetings", whereas Obama critics have access to Obama's town meetings as long as they aren't dangerous.

And I stand by my C-Span statement. I never heard one Gore supporter make a threat between the election and the Supreme Court decision back in 2000, but I heard plenty of veiled and not-so-veiled threats from the Bush voters.

#13     Sep 17, 2009
  4. No I can honestly say that. My perception is that it's worse now than it's ever been. But of course from about six months before he invaded Iraq and when it became painfully obvious that they were lying through their teeth about the reason(s) for war I kind of tuned out. At that time I was so angry I would have killed Bush with my bare hands myself had I had the chance. So it's possible that I missed some things.

BTW: I voted for Bush...once.

#14     Sep 17, 2009
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBl...5DAB36C5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12

#15     Sep 18, 2009
  6. #16     Sep 18, 2009
  7. It's kind of ironic but America will suffer a couple of hundred homicides this weekend and around 4/5ths of them will be committed by men of either African or Latino heritage. The same voting bloc that is reliably 90% in the pocket of Democrats. Yet Pelosi with her 24/7 Secret Service fears Angry White Men.

For you asshats who don't remember the abuse heaped upon Republicans, (Doc was too busy voting for Iraq yeas Kerry, Edwards, Biden and Secretary of State Clinton) how about the Canadian film titled, "Death of a President"? Or this website:

http://www.theassassinationofgeorgebush.com/synopsis.htm

Can you friggin imagine the outrage if Obama were substituted in the url?

Or the hateful vitriol heaped upon Nancy Reagan after her death.

Or the jeering of Bush during the 2005 State of the Union?

Did Limbaugh ever write a book with Al Franken's name in the title?

But the duplicity never ends. Noted economic Leftists from Lenin to Mao, Castro to Chavez have executed and jailed political opponants and dissidents without second thought.

Did Soros, Huffington or Franken ever complain about so much as a random IRS audit during the Bush years?

Some jaggoff shine who writes for the Washington Post syndicate (Pitts) had the nerve to list Tim McVeigh as an 'right wing" terrorist. LMFAO. Is that the same McVeigh who targeted the U.S. government because of his lingering hatred over perceived American atrocities towards Iraq civilians during the Gulf War? Not to mention the activities of yore by such other noted "conservatives" as the Black Panthers, Black Muslims, SLA, Weathermen Underground, Trade Unions.........

#17     Sep 18, 2009
  8. If I'm not mistaken Nancy isn't dead yet.

#18     Sep 18, 2009
  9. well said ....

you could also include Jimmy Jackass smearing nearly half the population by labeling us all racists. These people need no shame, they have good intentions.

excellent slap to the face of the jackass:

A Tackle Box Full of Race Bait
    Hearing racism whether or not it’s warranted is called prejudice.

By Jonah Goldberg

Of all the poisonous, ugly, and intellectually vapid controversies ginned up in my lifetime, the current breakout of St. Vitus’ Dance over the “racist” opposition to Barack Obama may be the most egregious.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YWQ0MmEzNjU5MDQ1NjdmYTc0ZDUzNzExMDFjNDJkMDU=

#19     Sep 18, 2009
  10. pointing fingers at other incendiary groups never justifies the actions of the group/party/individuals of dubious question. While you may disagree with former President Carter on his view, it goes without saying that America still has a terrible past in regards to race in this country. While great strides have been made in race relations, there is so much more that can occur.
    I am not oblivious to the fact that some of the animosity is due to good ole "partisan politics", shouting "you lied" and calling a sitting President all kinds of vile names smacks of racist overtones. Why is it that some of those who oppose Obama invariably hang banners and posters which ultimately ridicule him as a monkey or african jungle native, etc? All of this is just chance occurrences? I think not!

#20     Sep 19, 2009