You hate facebook? Too bad...you will eventually get an account.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Dude how old are you? No I did not set up their account. They have been FB users way longer than me. I'm was just an FB friend to them.

Maybe I need to close my ET account also as seems we have some creepy folks here too.

#31     Mar 3, 2012
  2. Haha, its getting better by each post you make. So you had your kids add you as friends so that all the other kids could see you on your kids contact list? Wow, that must be fun. Kind of reminds me of one Criminal Minds episode. You are quite something..."hey mom, I chatted today with my friends dad on FB, he is quite creepy". ;-)

#32     Mar 3, 2012
  3. rew

rew

I created an account with a fake name and nothing in it -- no friends, interests, etc., just so I can access stuff that facebook won't let me access without a facebook account.

#33     Mar 3, 2012
  4. Facebook nation.....haha........ a very silly big time waster correct.

#34     Mar 3, 2012
  5. Wrong wrong, wrong . Yes today it looks like this is the way things are going to be. First of a lot of folks from pre-facebook generations will NEVER have an account. Secondly when all the young people will have an account, FB will stop being cool. FB could really become unfashionable one day, it will be "so 2012" or whatever .
    Also even if a majoritz of people have an account, there could be a point to which too much internet use kills the internet.
    In other words, users will be saturated, thez will have an account but never use it, so traffic and revenues will drop.
    FB is NOT the juggernaut people think it will be.

peilthetraveler,

I sort of recall you have a habit of talking your book, but your call is not only likely to be wrong money wise but morally as well. Facebook is a real threat to society and saying you should have an account is like saying you should do drugs, or spend your time playing vid games instead of reading for ex.

#35     Mar 3, 2012
  6. I deleted my facebook account when they started insisting on a phone number. Last thing I want is to be overwhelmed by telemarketers on a site that is financed through advertising.

I'd rather buy a domain name and create a website for myself if I want to self-promote.

#36     Mar 3, 2012
  7. I have a cell phone and stuff and I will never under any circumstance have a FaceBook page - Period - got it?

#37     Mar 3, 2012
  8. truth be told

if you haven't read "crossing the chasm", do so now. short read, a staple book in marketing.

#38     Mar 3, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I can live a perfectly normal life without Facebook. It is not a service that improves the quality of living. Quite the opposite, actually. The lack of privacy is appalling.

#39     Mar 3, 2012
  10. thought I was signing up for an online poker game and got hoodwinked into opening up a face book account. I've done everything to delete it, reported as spam, etc. There is even another thread on ET about it, and finally the face book emails started dropping off, and then out of the blue, just this week I get a msg from facebook that an old girlfriend wants to be friends. Funny, because that's not what she told me that last time I pissed her off.

I don't know If I'll ever be completely free from facebook.

(and there really never was an online poker game)

#40     Mar 3, 2012