You guys blowing out your accounts left and right

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Saltynuts, Mar 20, 2018.

1. You attack me because I called you out on something stupid that you said? The caps were for emphasis. I used to respect you as one of the successful traders and brains on ET. Now I have to wonder. (Not that you're likely to care, but take another "run at me" and you'll get on my ignore list. And BTW... I make waaaay more money trading than my wife makes as a doctor.)

#51     Mar 21, 2018
    Chubbly likes this.
  2. SkyChef

SkyChef

Good spotting, sys.
    The way he said things & his charts (in a very small numbers) tell me that he's very good at methods similar to Al Brook, especially at micro channel momentum trading. If one can spot the momentum well, the stop could be put aggressively under the break out bar.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    #52     Mar 21, 2018
  3. zdreg

zdreg

by the arrow in your avatar yours has never seen a rise but is always headed down. I bet that you have a belt buckle with your avatar on it.:)

#53     Mar 21, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  4. That's just F*n ignorant. ON IGNORE!!

#54     Mar 21, 2018
    Chubbly likes this.
  5. Handle123

Handle123

It is easy ,come to the bigtop, HFTs to the left and hedge funds to the right, 10-30year vets in the middle, guppies near the clowns aka brokers , be a big fish and come to the middle heeheehee, sure the water is warm..

#55     Mar 21, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  6. Trading the markets is more-or-less a "zero sum game". For you to make money, you have to take it from somebody else. How to you do that? You don't need to be "Superman", but you do need to be smarter and more disciplined... enough so that you are in the "top half".

#56     Mar 21, 2018
  7. Handle123

Handle123

I agree but more like too 4%, if I was just starting I'd never do day trading cause gave up too much life away to get decent in my terms.

#57     Mar 21, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  8. I'll have to look up Al Brook. The only thing that bothers me about VolPri's results: he never shows a scratched trade....never. He must be placing a stop 1 tick under his entry.

#58     Mar 22, 2018
  9. punisher

punisher

After many years of trading, I'm afraid you are confusing what is "preferred" from what it "should be" or what it really "takes" to really learn.

"Preferably" trader learns during the training period (paper), he/she "should" make only small losses trading markets but unfortunately, in most cases "it takes" a big loss(es) to really learn what you're up against (market wise and psychology wise).

As Peter Borish of Quad Group (also known from being a founding partner and second-in-command at Tudor Investment Corp) said: every trader gets a "near death experience" and he just "hopes" that they had experienced that before he hired them.

I think that it really sums it up.

#60     Mar 24, 2018
    southall likes this.