You ever trade crazy stocks like SGBX?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JesseJamesFinn1, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Honestly I don't recommend trading stocks like this unless your not afraid of crazy volatility. I entered late, guess I will exit later.

2. Handle123

Handle123

I rather go with risk consistency, at my age, wild profits do not make me feel like I won the lottery, those kinds f stocks usually heading to restroom to puke.. Although, been selling Indexes/hedged for nearly 3 years, closest thing to winning the lottery, still very much long dividend paying stocks/hedged, so no loss there. So the crazy volatility is needed for my style of very long term trading to change trend, but entering seldom has much volatility. But doubt most people could be happy of having 85 to 95% losing underlying and hoping the hedges recover the losses. Balancing act.

Good trading to you Sir.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. That was fun, never like getting stuck in these biotechs. All day this stock had plenty of ways to enter and still make $1 or more.
    Can't fault you for that logic, I never invest much in frenzy stocks like these because they attract smaller hedge funds who short the hell out of them leaving Robinhood holders hurting. Good Trading to you as well!

4. zdreg

zdreg

SGBX is an excellent trading stock. Vol. 21M+ today mean it trades thick.

5. zdreg

zdreg

re:smaller hedge funds who short the hell out of them leaving Robinhood holders hurting.
    It is up 400% today. What are you whining about? Some people are chronic complainers,

6. DRYS, KBIO and TLRY. SGBX move was no where near as crazy as were these three. DRYS went to 100 from 1.5 in three days and then came back to 5 in 2 days. KBIO was crazy for at least 4 days, went to 110 from 5 and then came back to 5 and eventually delisted in 3 days. TLRY went to 350 from 15. it took its time to come back to 5 now. Almost a year. Now tell me where is SGBX. Its just one day move. 2 to 10. not mocking you or any thing but just telling you that those were the craziest days.

comagnum likes this.
  7. Not crying, sold after hours to the pumpers as planned. As for stocks like this getting pounded after a 400 percent gain, it happens all the time. I will not short it, let the professionals have it.

8. They were great too, Diana was awesome for $20 to $30 point trades They halted it so much intraday I got paranoid the SEC would suspend it(they did) and tlry I stopped trading it once it hit $100, same with SPCE after it hit $35 left it for the younger folks.

9. was laughed at for shorting it at 11.19. Knew they would do an offering.

10. maxinger

maxinger

There is nothing crazy about this stock.

Day traders love such great stocks ;
    you enter position during early morning &
    close position before end of day.

A good stock screener is important to screen out such stocks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    #10     Mar 31, 2020
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.