You ever hear of one of Karen the Supertrader’s Clients suing her?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sweet Bobby, Nov 29, 2018.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

No. It wasn’t. She pushed her losses out. In the end all tail sellers blow up because gap events are fundamentally unhedgable. That’s why options exist. If markets didn’t gap, you could easily synthetically create options.

The only way to not blow out is to accept small returns or to have a method to predict potential gap events and get out.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    #21     Nov 30, 2018
    TheBigShort likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

He bases that on a HF filing from January linked in another Karen thread. There is really no reason to believe she has stopped, after all, would you?

No, we don't know her fund's overall performance. Probably still positive...

#22     Nov 30, 2018
    Sweet Bobby likes this.
  3. Palindrome

Palindrome

Even if you do hedge appropriately to offset catastrophic loss, your net returns should be fairly low (less then 10% per year)...that's why you are probably better off just buying SPY's instead of selling puts against it in my opinion.

#23     Nov 30, 2018
  4. But Sweet Bobby has the hedge that Karen did not! Karen, if you everrrsd this, please contact me. I’m your biggest defender!

#24     Nov 30, 2018
  5. You are correct! And we will see an updated filing in January 2019.

#25     Nov 30, 2018
  6. Again, you have no idea what you’re talking about. I just sold another naked put! I used $76 in buying power. Until you actually pull the trigger on this style of trading,you just don’t know. I’ve been doing this for years!

#26     Nov 30, 2018
  7. Would one of you Einsteins please let me know how Sweet Bobby is going to blow up his account? Please see my risk profile below. Now you know how I sleep well at night. Dear Market, please crash!

Sincerely,

Sweet Bobby

#27     Nov 30, 2018
  8. John9999

John9999

well, this was a American Dream story. Good ole Girl from the south, with no major Wall Street education or experience, decides to manage her own funds, I believe about $140,000 after she got frustrated with her Broker at a major firm. And what do you know, she starts selling premium and allegedly printing money. I knew something was wrong with this, I mean how can she out perform like 1000% over the best Fund managers and such on the street.

Anyway, my understanding is that her record keeping is just wrong. I believe she was calling the addition of investor funds as growth.

#28     Nov 30, 2018
  9. She rolled losses and did not include unrealised open losses as PnL in her collection of profit fees. We don't know if it is bigger than her profits but in short options strategies they are usually very big. The article states $50m losses. We don't know how much the prior profits are.

#29     Dec 1, 2018
  10. morons sell naked

#30     Dec 1, 2018