You Didn't Do It Somebody Else Did

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Jul 19, 2012.

1. by the way, this thread is (was) about the presidents ridiculous perspective on private business. Private companies certainly have been and will continue to be built without govt involvement. Your 'argument' was about nothing more than a single industry, and like I said the private sector could and would achieve those same things if there were demand for them, and they would do so more efficiently. That was pretty much all I was making a point of. right or wrong your single example doesn't change the foolishness of the presidents statement. A characteristic which you apparently share with him, dickhead.

#81     Jul 20, 2012
  2. The president's statement was not foolish, but you are a fool. Anyone who thinks private industry would do what the national labs do and denigrate scientific research the way you did is not very bright. Sorry. I gotta call 'em like I see 'em. You're a dolt. Your attempted homophobic dig at me is just further proof of that.

#82     Jul 21, 2012
  3. I gave you an example of the private sector building infrastructure.. you didn't read it. You don't want to understand that your god and his govt are largely a drain on the rest of us, and almost everything they do can be accomplished, profitably, by the private sector.

The President's statement IS fucking foolish. There are companies all over the country that were founded and continue to operate without the assistance of federal/state/muni government. While simultaneously PROVIDING tax revenue to said govts which ALLOWS for them to fund the national labs etc.

For the third time, I think anything of value being done in the national labs would EVENTUALLY be done by the private sector. I did not denigrate objective science in any way. Building a particle accelerator costs billions of dollars and hundreds of millions to operate a year.. what is the objective? What do they provide? When times are good and we can afford to build them, well that is ok with me within reason. There is no pressing public need for particle accelerators. Do you think we should amass debt to finance the theories of scientists?

You have no argument so you decide to label me a science hating fool. it's ok because anyone reading this exchange will see who is ignoring what the other said. And the homo comment wasn't a dig, I think the story about your 'brother' you told a while back, was about you. :p

#83     Jul 21, 2012
  4. Yes.

But it's not factual information per se that they they avoid, it's information that conflicts with their dogma and ideology that they avoid. Right? They have perceptual blinders on. They only see that which confirms that what they think they know is correct

Ultimately it's about preservation of ego.

#84     Jul 22, 2012
  5. Thanks for explaining your deficits.

#85     Jul 22, 2012