You Didn't Do It Somebody Else Did

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldtime, Jul 19, 2012.

1. No, you are wrong. When you take into account state and local taxes paid minus government services used (i.e., school for children, etc.), the percentages I stated are correct, or may even be understated.

#51     Jul 20, 2012
  2. at anyrate, the discussion which permeates all the media and most of this forum is the proper role of government

the only point I was making is, when the president tells private enterprise that the government is "somebody else" we have a real failure to communicate

#52     Jul 20, 2012
  3. Third sentence after the "bad" one.

"The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

President Obama

Some folks don't read that far.

#53     Jul 20, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

The whole kerfuffle falls under Fun With Dangling Modifiers.

#54     Jul 20, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

The reason some people don't read that far is because they have such an aversion to reading factual information that they actually hold their breath unconsciously while doing so. Therefore, I'm surprised they made it to the end of the first sentence.

#55     Jul 20, 2012
  6. achilles28

achilles28

So what? The taxpayer paid for it. You fucking moron.

#56     Jul 20, 2012
  7. achilles28

achilles28

The taxpayer paid for that. You fucking moron.

#57     Jul 20, 2012
  8. you idiot. the taxpayer is an example of "sombody else". i am beginning to fear for the sanity of america if you are an example.

#58     Jul 20, 2012
  9. achilles28

achilles28

That somebody is the private sector, you fucking retard. The private sector benefits and the private sector pays for it. "The Government" is just the hired go-between who manages the project. Understand? Or do you need me to dumb it down, even more?

#59     Jul 20, 2012
  10. thats not the point. all obama said was nobody builds a business alone and its idiots like you that turned it into a government is evil thing. is the concept too difficult for you?
    what the hell happend to you? you used to at least make a little sense now you have gone off the rails. you pissed because your hero ron paul was rejected by thinking people.

#60     Jul 20, 2012