You daytrade because you don't have a life?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Jan 9, 2008.

1. No Life? LOL. It's a great life. Hop out of bed, flip a few switches, make a few bucks, hit the links, come home and get a few laughs here at ET. What's not to like. It's a GREAT life!

#21     Jan 11, 2008
  2. [​IMG]

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK THAT, YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRADING OPTIONS!!

#22     Jan 11, 2008
  3. I "trade" because most jobs are brainless...

If you don't find your job brainless then you shouldn't be trading at all. :D
    (unless your job IS trading of course)

#23     Jan 11, 2008
  4. Funny how people that trade think this is Financial & Personal Freedom.

#24     Jan 11, 2008
  5. How much money does one need to accumulate, in order to become 'set for life'? Naturally, this all depends on one's age & lifestyle, so the number will vary greatly from person to person.

Whatever <i>your</i> number is, let's say you successfully bring your net worth up to that level. Now tell me, assuming you're not a compulsive gambler or a complete idiot like Mike Tyson; How exactly is that <b><i>not</b></i> incredible financial & personal freedom? You get to work when you feel like it, and do other things instead when you don't. Travel to the destination of your choosing on a moment's whim and tell (nearly) anyone and everyone to "fuck off" whenever you feel like it. No worries about bosses, deadlines, mortgages, job security, credit card debt, etc...

So I repeat: How is that <b><i>not</b></i> financial & personal freedom?

#25     Jan 12, 2008