You daytrade because making money without hard work is too good for you?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Pager

Pager

Anyone who thinks trading is going to be easy is not going to make it as a trader IMO, trading is dammed hard particualy on the emotions.

Many people say to me they want to throw in there job and live from trading as if its that easy.

I trade and i make a living from it but i still work part time not because i have too but because in some ways its my security blanket, times sometimes are tough and i can go weeks sometimes months not making money by working some evenings and weekends i have a guaranteed income each week however small and for me this helps when times are tough particualy from a physiological perspective.

Each to there own

#11     Dec 24, 2008
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Personally speaking I am a far more demanding boss than I any have worked for. I've heard others say the same about themselves.

#12     Dec 24, 2008
  3. OK so 32.5 hours/week of real trading... + maybe (MAYBE) 1.5 hours of research pre-market and 1.5 hours of post-market analysis going over trades, keeping a journal. That's at most 50 hours a week. I have no idea how one could possibly spend another 50 learning anything... seems like that kind of time commitment would just fry the brain.

#13     Dec 25, 2008
  4. "You daytrade because making money without hard work is too good for you?" :confused:

I don't understand the title.

#14     Dec 25, 2008
  5. Me neither.

#15     Dec 25, 2008
  6. Handle123

Handle123

I start my day (night) at the midnight hour where I live near the Rocky Mountains, I find Eurex to not have the jagged edges as day trading the USA Indexes, plus commissions to be less to boot, I take a nap five hours later to then trade stocks, Beans, Swiss and Gold till the close. I also have long term commodities to oversee. I have become a workaholic through the years, some folks luv to ski or travel, I luv testing new ideas.

It took me so long to overcome "me" in day trading, it is like I can't put it down, LOL

Two books I bought in 1981 by John Hill are the only two books I ever go back to ideas and seems the longer I reread, I understand more of what he wrote.

Scientific Interpretation of Bar Charts 1979 and
    Stock and Commodity Market Trend Trading 1977

#16     Dec 25, 2008
  7. I stopped daytrading and have been more profitable and had less stress.

To each his own, but i'd rather swing and do other stuff during the day like work.

In all honesty, I really don't like daytrading nor am i very good at it.

#17     Dec 25, 2008
  8. I daytrade because the rewards are much higher than working for someone else. The most one can hope for is getting $500 a day these days. If I could find a gig that would allow me to take 4K a day without a boss and ass licking then I would take it. Since no such animal exist I daytrade.

#18     Dec 25, 2008
  9. Bac0n

Bac0n

Dont feed these loser TROLL!!!

2000+ post from a non trader, who hates
    Daytraders? pathetic.

#19     Dec 25, 2008