You Can't Trade Without A College Degree!!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wallnbroad, Dec 21, 2007.

1. loik

loik

Is that a bad thing?

#41     Dec 22, 2007
  2. Yeah same here, it has is uses, I just never figured out why I'd need some of more irreleveant classes such as art appreciation, etc. Don't need a class to appreciate art. How do they teach one to do such a thing?

LOL

But yeah if there is a subject I am interested in, I'd take the class....one of the main reasons I stopped, I ran out of classes I liked. ha ha

#42     Dec 22, 2007
  3. Yeah same here, it has its uses, I just never figured out why I'd need some of more irrelevant classes such as art appreciation, etc. Don't need a class to appreciate art. How do they teach one to do such a thing?

LOL

But yeah if there is a subject I am interested in, I'd take the class....one of the main reasons I stopped, I ran out of classes I liked. ha ha

#43     Dec 22, 2007
  4. "But yeah if there is a subject I am interested in, I'd take the class....one of the main reasons I stopped, I ran out of classes I liked. ha ha"

I quit taking classes because I ran out of teachers, profs I liked. I'd sit around finishing their sentences, critizing their clothes, mannerisms, then do the same with the people around me, then it was the way the class was taught, the way the school was run, the way people parked in the parking lot. The whole sheeple thing. Of course I endured the trauma of time management, the authority thing, being a particular place at a particular time. Screw this, I want to run things, can't do that sitting in no stinking classroom.:cool:

#44     Dec 22, 2007
  5. Giles, you'd get no arguement from me. You have my respect. It's the real world, whatever it takes to git er done.

#45     Dec 22, 2007
  6. What?

#46     Dec 22, 2007
  7. Good post Giles.

#47     Dec 22, 2007
  8. :D

#48     Dec 22, 2007
  9. Good post man I agree with you. Many people think that they are intelligent and ready for the world just because they have a degree...not true!

I know it may sound dumb, but I've always read textbooks and shit for fun. I have a cousin who is a cardiologist and his younger brother (who is my age) is currently in med school...When we were in high school we'd sit around and read his brother's college books and stuff...I to this day will read an encyclopedia for fun. I guess that means I am psycho or something, but I have always loved learning everything I can possibly learn.....I have found that it is hard for me to learn when someone teaches it to me, I pretty much have to do it myself.

I have a thirst for knowledge and I love to read and learn academic things, etc but I just cannot stand the idea of a degree being what is responsible for my success...kind of like having rich parents....yeah you may go off and end up rich and with a business or something, but was it the $150K your parents gave you to get started or was it your brains that were responsible? Could you have done it without the training wheels?
    I just don't see any way for a degree to get me where I'm going.

I don't sit around bathing in ignorance talking shit about a degree just as some sort of cop out...I read voraciously about pretty much all subjects.....(except math I fucking hate math).....but I just cannot stand organized education.

My personal feelings only.

#49     Dec 22, 2007
  10. hell yeah maxpi great point.

#50     Dec 22, 2007