you cant make this stuff up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LT701, Feb 5, 2008.

1. LT701

LT701

Monday, 27 January, 2003, 14:42 GMT
    Family of faggot fans fly the flag

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38744000/jpg/_38744375_doody300.jpg

(taking 'out and proud' to a new level, man, that's child abuse)

The Doody family hope to raise profile of faggots

A West Midlands family is playing a central role in the quest to raise the profile of a forgotten British dish - faggots.
    The Doody family from Wolverhampton has been crowned The Faggot Family in a national competition, and to kick off their reign they will launch National Faggot Week.

The family will be touring the country extolling the virtues of the dish, which is best-known for its links with the Black Country.

The Doody family were chosen to front the campaign after impressing judges at the Savoy Hotel in London in November.

Faggot facts
    Faggots were called "savoury ducks" in the Middle Ages

Faggots were named after the Latin word for bundle

Faggots were originally made with pig's liver and offal

Faggots are now made from pork liver and pork

Fans have published the Good Faggot Guide

They displayed their fanaticism for the delicacy during quizzes, role-plays and mock commercials.

"The nation knows that the Cornish pasty, Yorkshire pudding, haggis and fish and chips are great British dishes, but all too often the faggot is left off that list," said Janet Doody.

Her husband Fred added: "It's unfair because faggots were a British delicacy long before any of the others.

"The great British faggot is full of flavour and a great belly warmer at this time of year."

The family, including Lewis, 13, and Grace, 7, eat faggots twice a week, with mashed potato and mushy peas, and will be launching the awareness campaign on Tuesday at Liverpool University, followed by visits this week to Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham.

The competition was organised by faggot producer Mr Brain's Faggots.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2698507.stm

2. yes, i could make that stuff up

3. I need a double order of McFaggot's and hold the lettuce Don't be frontin' son no seeds on a bun

We be up in this drive thru Order for two I gots a craving for a number nine like my pickle.

We need some McDykes up in here to dizzle, my nizzle. Extra salt on the frizzle.

4. LT701

LT701

all i know is, if that had been my family when i was in high school or junior high, the next day back at school would have been the longest day of my life