You can't lose!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ETRDR, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Yea, those were some really dumb quotes Hypo. Pull your
    head out of your butt!...hehe

Okay, let me clarify my feelings on this. I personally wouldn't
    consider using a coin toss to enter my trades,buuuutttt,if I
    did use random entries, and only risked 1% of my capital
    on a trade, and tried to get a 3 to 1 reward/risk ratio or better,
    I believe I could be positive after, say 100 trades.

Maybe one day I'll do a journal and have this as my system...
    Starting with $10,000...
    Every 15 minutes, starting at 8:45 and ending at 2:45, I'll flip
    a coin every 15 minutes. Heads I go long, tails I go short.

And to make sure I'm not cheating, I'll post all the flips in advance at 8:30.

• 8:45>Heads
    • 9:00>Heads
    • 10:00>Tails
    etc...

I'll risk 3 ticks(ES) and go for 9 ticks. Then, after 100 trades
    we'll see who's right!...:D

#31     Sep 27, 2003
  2. ..if you do that experiement, let me make book on it. Kickbacks to you of course. I'll code that strategy up and test the hell out of it. BTW, backtesting random entry with money management is not trivial. You gotta make a lot of runs. I gave up when I realized this, and went back for evidence to look at all my failed systems, which were only slightly better without MM than the BEST random entry runs. Sad to say, I have a lot of failed systems.

Hey there's a book idea. Thom Stridsman wrote What Works In the Markets. Maybe we could write What Doesn't Work!

And by the way, in dissrespectfully truncating my most dignified handle, you obviously are remembering John Candy's turn in SpaceBalls, where he says "Hi! I'm Barfo! That's short for Barfolomew!" Best regards. - Mike

#32     Sep 28, 2003
  3. Sorry, I didn't know you would take it so personally. You can
    call me break if you want...lol

Talk to you later...I'm going to bed.

#33     Sep 28, 2003
  4. Pabst... Don...

Why do you deal with these monkeys?

They'll never get it...

OK, let's try some monkey games...

Random Entry w/ money management? Yeah... try Random Entry + Random Exit with money management... then I'll accept what you're saying...

Wait... Exits are part of Money Management... bwahahahahaha... ukya... ukikikiiiiii.... *ukya*....

Also... have you tested Random Entry on your own? Stop that... he said this and he said that... blah blah blah crap.... OK... I'll take 10 min. of my time Monday and make a random entry/exit code and put your money management code in it... I'll run some Monte Carlo and put it in some statistic tests and see if it works (some may not understand it but it does prove a point)... If you want, I'll do it under random time frame too...

Ukya... bunch of monkey's in ET screaming about a crap, hoping to hope a significance in what they do with the market... which there is none.

hypo... you're missing the point... you suggested a time period and that in fact is not random... That's a simple exposure of market characteristic and is in fact an edge.

BS... this thread is the lowest BS a trader can talk about...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#34     Sep 28, 2003
  5. ...please advise who is Don so I will know the geniuses from the monkeys. That is not always self-evident. Perhaps another film quote is in order: "Laugh-a while you can-a, monkey-boy!" (John Lithgow as Dr. Lizardo in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai in the Fifth Dimension)

#35     Sep 28, 2003
  6. I think he means Don Bright. The guy who offered the starter of
    this thread a million dollars to trade with.

And no offense to Don or Pabst, but their not even in the same
    league as the two guys I quoted.

If Mr. Rosenberg and Mr. Silverman are monkeys, then pass
    the bananas, I'll be a monkey, too!

#36     Sep 28, 2003
  7. I'll play a little more. 'Show me the proof" - via those tax returns in very high tax bracket (you didn't think anyone would fall for such idiocy as "backtesting" did you?)

"Show me the money!" (sorry, a bit out dated, and obviously trite, but I guess I am too!!).

Don:D

#37     Sep 28, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'm assuming you have a proven system. Or do you just make it up as you go along?

#38     Sep 28, 2003
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Anyone who's business model has made them rich, by extracting a couple of hundredths a penny, has my unyielding respect.:D

#39     Sep 28, 2003
  10. There simply is not a "system" per se' for trading. There are several styles, techniques, tools, etc., that when used in combination with good instincts can work well.

If there were, I would simply plug it in, and have the checks sent to my estate in the Bahamas/Europe/South America...

Don :)

#40     Oct 1, 2003