You can't lose!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ETRDR, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Mecro

Mecro

Why am I suspecting that someone will actually be making money selling that system instead of actually using it.

#11     Sep 23, 2003
  2. Didn't it seem a little corny to you??

#12     Sep 23, 2003
  3. Would you please post an example of a proven syatem.

Thank you.

#13     Sep 23, 2003
  4. look it up. It's being given away for free.

#14     Sep 25, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If by "proven" you mean a system that has more wins than losses and a P:L ratio of at least 2:1, there have been plenty posted here. Just do a search.

#15     Sep 25, 2003
  6. I think he means one that makes money.

#16     Sep 25, 2003
  7. People usally change their startegy every time they have
    a small blow out day

#17     Sep 26, 2003
  8. ETRDR

ETRDR

Absolutely!!

Like any other business, trading is about net spendable profits on a consistent basis.

However, I think it is also important that the "business" match the personality of the business man as well.

I found I could not handle large extended drawdowns, even if they ultimately lead to larger gains. Therefore, I needed relatively small, short-term drawdowns with offset by consistent immediate gratification in the form of almost daily closing profits.

So my system is geared to just that. Less than 10 ES point drawdowns intraday, and fewer than one in twelve non-profitable days.

As I am not frequently on ET any specific questions can be sent to me at HAG999@JUNO.COM and I will reply as quickly as possible.

Replace greed, fear and ego with trust, faith and humility, and you'll do just fine!

#18     Sep 27, 2003

9. Flip a coin----heads,you buy;tails,you sell---and if you have
    proper money management and good risk control, you will make money...Larry Rosenburg (member Chicago Mercantile Exchange,
    floor trader since 1961)

Quote from..."The Day Traders Advantage"...Abell---pg.135

#19     Sep 27, 2003
  10. I applaud your enthusiasm, and when you find that perfect system, let me know....after you've made $100K on your own, I'll see to it that you get $1mil to trade with (or more) to make us both billionaires.

Please take the above in the sense it was intended, no bashing at meant at all....but since we (all traders) are responding, not dictating to, whatever the market throws at us, we will have to be satisfied, and understand that we will never "beat the market' forever (with any trading system)....at least not in the foreseeable future. Best of luck!!

(the offer above still stands).

Don:)

#20     Sep 27, 2003