You Cant Just Quit Your Day Job And Become A Trader.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Again, are you about to deny the robustness of the backtest? Please state your credentials before you criticize. It gives me an idea what I'd have to explain.

#11     Nov 9, 2011
  2. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Thanks for the lnik.

I definitely agree. I was just trying to make a point of how easy it really is.... imo

#12     Nov 9, 2011
  3. Yeah, well, I'm sure that they'd let me buy anything if I had the money.

A poney, a hopa, a pallet of bottled water, the stock with sub millipenny stock price, something a little over a dollar perhaps, that $2 stock that looks like 2500 lottery tickets all rolled into one that I don't have to worry about losing it all...immediately.

#13     Nov 9, 2011
  4. deaddog

deaddog

Exactly: When you get right down to it what is so difficult about trading?

#14     Nov 9, 2011
  5. In certain markets, thats exactly what it is.

#15     Nov 10, 2011

6. The odds are not in our favor

Stockbroker's creed: A man is a client until proven broke.

#16     Nov 10, 2011

7. A long time ago, a visitor from out of town came to a tour in Manhattan. At the end of the tour they took him to the financial district. When they arrived at Battery Park the guide showed him some nice yachts anchoring there, and said, "Here are the yachts of our bankers and stockbrokers." "And where are the yachts of the investors and traders?" asked the naive visitor.

#17     Nov 10, 2011
  8. Trading is a trade, just like so many other things out there. It takes practice, knowledge, money, time to learn it. Once you learn, it takes time, money and knowledge to become consistent, then T M & K to actually earn a living at it. And yes the odds are against you, unless you have the resources to survive the curve. Good luck, happy trading.

#18     Nov 10, 2011
  9. Wow, nice! Must be using that supercomputer server farm in the cornfield in Ohio.

#19     Nov 11, 2011
  10. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Or be really smart and learn it all fast before one even graduates :p

#20     Nov 11, 2011