You can't have a business unless you share MY values!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I don't know how you can say republicans have moved more to the right than dems have to the left. This is just one example.

By Melinda Henneberger
    Democratic dissenters on the issue of abortion have made their case to the platform committee, arguing that the party should change its language enough to allow for some diversity of opinion on the matter and return to the “big tent” approach of the Clinton years.

The effort is probably doomed; NARAL Pro-Choice America President Nancy Keenan is on the committee, and those pushing for the change were happy just to get to testify; they weren’t even allowed to do that four years ago.

This time around, Janet Robert, who founded Minnesota’s progressive talk radio station AM 950, with talkers such as Ed Schultz and Thom Hartmann, was given seven minutes to make the case, and she used it to argue that the party simply cannot win back Congress without Democrats who differ from the ’08 platform on this one issue. She cited a slew of stats, including a Gallup poll from last year in which 44 percent of Democrats said abortion should only be legal “in a few circumstances

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...d28038e-e0c6-11e1-8fc5-a7dcf1fc161d_blog.html

Some big tent, Ricter.

#41     Aug 8, 2012

2. The trend of blue collar private sector union jobs in America going to workers overseas have anything to do with this?

#42     Aug 8, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

It's not nice to confuse Ricter with facts. He suffering from a severe case of grand delusion and must be eased back into reality.

#43     Aug 8, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I agree, except that Ricter has no desire to see reality.

#44     Aug 8, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

#45     Aug 8, 2012
  6. I was watching a program on discover regarding matadors. They showed the inside of an Emergency room where they take injured matadors. The only thing in the ER were shelves lined up with jars with different size corks. Go figure.....

#46     Aug 8, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Where do they take forum matadors when they are injured?

#47     Aug 8, 2012
  8. when i see bullfighting i root for the bull.

#48     Aug 8, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

But have you ever seen a bullfight where the bull is ignoring the matador and madly charging air? :D

#49     Aug 8, 2012
  10. never actually saw a real bullfight. only clips on tv. around here they get on and ride those bulls for 8 seconds.

#50     Aug 8, 2012