You can't have a business unless you share MY values!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I was obviously referring to much more than an "outlier", more like a mass of patriotic US citizens revolting against the leftist fascism and tyranny American Revolution style. As long as you mind your own fucking business and stay in Canada you should be fine.

#21     Aug 7, 2012
  2. This isnt an isolated incident. What about the cubs being denied help to rehab wrigley field because Ricketts is a conservative?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_ricketts-family-pete-ricketts-joe-ricketts

Chicago has a history of this kind of stuff.

#22     Aug 7, 2012
  3. Still want that Civil War, eh? As if the the first one didn't teach you something.

#23     Aug 7, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't "want" it in the way you mean. But we need it. Our nation is divided as ever with irreconcilable differences. But there doesn't even have to be a war.
    Simply allow state succession without forcing people to be part of a union they don't want to belong to.

#24     Aug 7, 2012
  5. JamesL

JamesL

It's a bs letter. Whoever wrote that letter is a grammatical moron.

Plus, there is no FWVAS.

#25     Aug 7, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then a liberal definitely wrote it.

#26     Aug 7, 2012
  7. This is just totally spot on.

The media and a few disgruntled liberal RHINOs are fond of saying how the republican party has "left" them or other such nonsense. You onlyhave to compare the parties' positions on various hot button issues to where they were 15 or 20 years ago to see who changed drastically.

I mean Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act, and a mjority of dems voted fo rit. Now it is now considered so toxic to dems that Obama wouldn't defend it in court. Gay pressure groups forced a formerly prestigious Atlanta law firm to drop their defense of it. Their client was the House of Representatives.

Similarly, JFk famously pushed supply side tax cuts. Today, the dems' cure for everything is tax increases. Only on the evil "rich", however, but that is not much of a trick since they are the only ones actualy paying taxes.

Clinton signed welfare reform. Today we have Obama cutting medicare to provide health insurance to illegal immifgrants. Tip O'Neil, one of the most partisan dems of his day, worked with Ronald Reagan on tax and spending cuts. Harry Reid cannot pass a bidget but has time to air baseless gossip about Romney's taxes.

The evdience is conclusive. Today's democrat party is a far cry from the party of even Bill Clinton's era. It is dominated by the most extreme voices of its various narrowly drawn special interest supporters.

#27     Aug 7, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

The Clinton welfare reform was one of the first things Obama tossed out the window in 2009.

#28     Aug 7, 2012
  9. Whether this letter is genuine is irrelevant, because the mayors of three major cities were on TV saying basically the exact same thing. I heard the mayor of Boston saying he would use licensing boards to try to prevent Chik-Fil-A from getting on the Freedom Trail because of their "values." I found it ironic because the people the Trail celebrates would have been appalled by the mayor's position and totally behind the Chicken guy.

The mayor of Chicago, a petty thug himself, is presiding over a city that has open gang warfare and increasingly brazen attacks on people in upscale areas. The mayor of DC is deeply mired in an ethics investigation and could easily be forced out of office soon or even sent to prison.

I think we can agree that for most of us, we would choose the values of the owner of Chik-Fil-A over theirs anytime.

#29     Aug 7, 2012
  10. + 1 Solid post.

#30     Aug 7, 2012