You can't handle the truth!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jun 16, 2003.

1. KymarFye,

Thoughtful and persuasive. The final chapter to this story has yet to be written.

#11     Jun 16, 2003

2. Good grief. 'Thoughtful', as in highly creative? Yes. Persuasive? Well, to borrow a Kymar phrase, that sure speaks volumes about your predisposition.

ps - how about Bush's "Revisionist" comments. Hilarious! I bet the antiwar folks have a field day with that one. (Still, I can't believe people in his regime could be that stupid to tell him to say it unless that they thought Joe America really is dumb enough to buy it. Scary thought.)

#12     Jun 17, 2003
  3. Let's hear your persuasive and thoughtful explanations for why, if Saddam got rid of all of his WMDs at some point prior to the war, he didn't offer full cooperation with UN inspections.

And, while you're at it, don't forget to tell us for the umpteenth time how much you "hate" America's security and foreign policy - even while you use an invention of the US Defense Department (the internet) in order to stress the importance of another American invention, the UN.

#13     Jun 17, 2003
  4. that is a farcical statement - "the Internet" is the result of collaboration by universities and by millions of people all across the globe, far from the guidance and control of the US Defense Dept.

at best, the US Defense Dept could claim inventorship of arpanet, which bore little resemblance to the modern Internet, and none to the www

to say that the US Defense Dept. invented "the Internet" is like saying Henry Ford invented the 2003 Mercedes Benz.

#14     Jun 17, 2003

5. Well, let's see. Consistently and unequivocally stating that they had no WMD, coupled with the fact that none, whatsoever, had been detected obviously isn't enough neither for you or Rumsfeld, I think, who said something like that the failure to find the WMD is the best evidence that Iraq has them.

As for the full cooperation, well, putting my thoughtful and persuasive cap on, and aiming for the simpler explanation, how about that Iraq had long suspected the US weapons inspectors as serving as spies? Obviously that's not too difficult to imagine at all, is it. Given that, I think it's pretty simple to understand why a country would be cautious about a bunch of foreigners being given free reign to galavant unchecked all over the country.
    Personally, given the previous (and current) US (and other countries') regimes tendency to distort facts, and even outright lie, I have little doubt that the US exaggerated the levels of non-cooperation; probably way beyond any reasonable estimate of the difficulties reluctant cooperation posed.

As for that last paragraph. All I can say is LOL.

#15     Jun 18, 2003
  6. Yo:eek:

Leave brother KymarFye alone, or I will unlease on you 1000 attacks by AAAinthebeltway/max401 :D :D :D

#16     Jun 18, 2003
  7. Yes, just as they had several times previously, only to be found out by diverse inspection teams and the testimony of defectors.

Better to have US and British divisions of troops galavanting virtually "unchecked all over the country?"

So, in other words, you believe that the UN mandated inspections - least of all the augmented, more intrusive inspections that the Weasel nations were advocating at the end - would NEVER have worked. Iraq would never have extended full cooperation, in your view.

The US was not the sole arbiter of Iraq's cooperation. NO ONE outside of the Iraqi Information Ministry claimed that Iraq had given full cooperation.

The question before us here, though, was why would Iraq not have provided full, or at least fuller, documentation, testimony, and evidence if indeed they intended to allow their WMD program to be eradicated? Why would they risk imminent war and the likely removal of their government?

Your explanation does not come close to providing an answer. In effect, it simply presumes Iraqi non-cooperation, while making a for you typical, utterly irrelevant anti-US statement that has nothing to do with the question. What's also hilariously typical is that your statement indicts the US for lying, but you're apparently quite comfortable trusting the former Iraqi government. And, finally, it's typical for you that you would simply condemn my humbly offered analysis without pointing out a single specific element of it that you find questionable, much less how your answers better clear up the various mysteries.

#17     Jun 18, 2003
  8. Speaking of truth's that some have difficulty handling - here are some facts on the regime that Alfonso finds so trustworthy - though which he did once have the courage to concede was "yucky."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,482-717360,00.html

#18     Jun 18, 2003
  9. Some other facts to ponder about the regime that Alfonso wishes we had trusted, and that he prefers we'd have left in power indefinitely:

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,6600315%5E25717,00.html

#19     Jun 18, 2003
  10. emotional jibberish, designed to manipulate the american people into submitting to a war for oil...

please.

if that's a good reason to start a $60B war, why the FUCK haven't we attacked the 50 other countries with similar human rights violations??

oh lemme guess the answer -- because those countries don't have WMD...and Iraq does!!! HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sucker! I bet HAL won't even send you a "Thank You" note for your tax contribution to their effort...

#20     Jun 18, 2003