You can thank your parents and friends for TRADING failure

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by IQ146, Sep 2, 2007.

1. hmm interesting, you have had that thought as well :)

If only we could see the potential in every human being.

#11     Sep 2, 2007
  2. "its sort of like, of those thousands of children that die in Africa do to hunger. How many were next Nikola Tesla or the next Albert Einstein"

In my experience with kids, pretty much each has at least one talent AND they recognize it or an adult will recognize it and encourage them but even in the best of circumstances they seldom follow through and develope it. (sigh)

#12     Sep 2, 2007
  3. I have always found that doing things that most others are unwilling to do makes my life better! :cool:

#13     Sep 2, 2007
  4. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

80% of traderes lose money statistically speaking

Don't tell your future father fiance's father or mother or job interviewer you daytrader. Don't even put your occupation as a daytrader on you credit card or even car or home application. Heck don't even tell your girlfriend until you are making 6 figures consistently for couple of years.
    tell them you worked for a brokerage firm.

you are working for them.

trading stocks has bad reputation with so many losers and retail investors 'losing money' in risky stocks or just don't know how to trade.

so when you tell them you are a stock trader, they have immediate bad impression of you as a loser.

#14     Sep 2, 2007
  5. Being a poet and all, perhaps you could shed some light on how Henry WADsworth LONGfellow got his name.

#15     Sep 2, 2007
  6. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

It's what I call 'discouragement' instead of 'encouragement'

or hinderance.

#16     Sep 2, 2007
  7. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

it's discouraging when you see statistics like 80% of traders lose money, crime and fraud in wall street. etc. peope giving you funny looks if you tell them you trade stocks for living--they either are losers with their retail trading accounts or don't know anything about trading.

#17     Sep 2, 2007
  8. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

your family probably here all these news about people committing suicide or people losing their house due to gambling in the stock market. etc it's discouraging.

#18     Sep 2, 2007
  9. ...or the next Jack Hershey? :D

#19     Sep 2, 2007
  10. "You can thank your parents and friends for TRADING failure"

I know they could be very negative, but are they really the ones to blame for our failure?

#20     Sep 2, 2007