you can all laught at me- I BLEW UP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Sep 7, 2007.

1. I think the next time you trade, you have to make sure that you have sufficient money in the bank to live on for at least 6 months outside of your trading account. That will put less pressure on you to make money every day and be able to take losses without it affecting you too much mentally.

The key is to start with enough capital to give yourself a fighting chance, don't rush it. Save up enough money and give it another go.

#21     Sep 7, 2007
  2. mde2004

mde2004

What did you end up losing NY_HOOD...

#22     Sep 7, 2007
  3. You're an asshole and for the record I hope someone in your family dies soon.

Not to mention the fact that you're probably lying about being up anyway.

#23     Sep 7, 2007
  4. I have a Bachelor Party to go to at the Borgota and don't even want to go. I know the feeling, you don't want to deal with shit. You don't want to hear people it will be all better. You want to curl up in a ball and die.

The only thing that makes me happy is money and women.

#24     Sep 7, 2007
  5. You havent said you are feeling suicidal, so things can be that bad ...

You need to take a break, atleast six months.
    Find a job. Any job. Just stop the bleeding and mental torture.

#25     Sep 7, 2007
  6. We don't really have enough information to work with on a public bulletin board, but basically from your post I can tell you know you need to change-up what you're doing, and how you're doing it.

1. Get another means of income to support your family, period. If that means working at a hotel, or a restaurant, or a bar, whatever it takes, do it (you can't be stress'in about hav'in to pay da bills and trade well ... I can guarantee you it ain't gonna go well if you do).

2. Never "have to" make a certain amount of money, take what the market will give you and be happy. Remember, there are a lot of guys trading large size, so even a small move to them equates a lot of money.

3. You've already proven you have the skill (was $400 bucks today, no small feat), you just have to surround yourself with a supportive environment which will enable you to fully realize your potential as a trader ... you've gotten this far, all you have to do now is just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#26     Sep 7, 2007
  7. Probably a low stakes trader or paper trader.

Get behind the wheel after a few drinks, don't wear your seatbelt, drive fast into oncoming traffic.

#27     Sep 7, 2007
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Been there, done that. Scared money is dead money in this game. Pay yourself first. Then what is left to risk won't bother you like it is now. Just remember, the market will always be there to come back to.

Before you do, please buy this book and read it until you have drilled what he is saying into your head. Good Luck

http://www.traderslibrary.com/moreinfo.asp?item=2121&SID=KIGJTFAHQSFD3DF959417266315235AD&lc=gurus

#28     Sep 7, 2007
  9. every day every monemt there are traders who blew off their accounts and leave the market permanently, you are not alone.

every day the market reinfoces the fact loudly that in the whole wild world: only 1 in 10 finally survive the market and grow into a prefessional consistent money making trader.

people failed not because they lack skills, not because they lack funds, not because they lack motivation, ......

they failed in their belief " they can take money out from the market easily", they do not know "trading is a business", just like other business, COMPETITION IS very FIERCE AND BRUTAL, DO YOU HAVE ENTREPRENEUAL SPRIT, DO YOU HAVE BUSINESS BRAIN, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH BUSINESS EXPERIENCE, DO YOU HAVE COURAGE AND PERSISTENCE....?

first ask yourself those questions, then decide what to do!

the market is not for everyone!

#29     Sep 7, 2007

10. Your username says it all.

#30     Sep 7, 2007