you can all laught at me- I BLEW UP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Sep 7, 2007.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

imagine haven't the most sophisticated military in the world and can't find the target, if they really have the will to find bin laden i'm sure they find him by now, seriously doubt they want to capture him as wouldn't that bring the war on terror to an end ? try offering say 20 mil for his head i'm sure someone will do it, be a lot less costly

#131     Sep 10, 2007
  2. I say just let Reardon Metal look for him. I am pretty damn impressed with his detective skills. A sort of modern day Columbo.

#132     Sep 10, 2007
  3. GaryN

GaryN

I think the reward is already larger than that.

edit: Just looked it up. Try 67.5 million.

#133     Sep 10, 2007
  4. neke

neke

#134     Sep 10, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

there is no reason to equate money with selfworth...trust me homey..I have been broke many times over..and I dont mind losing it all again ( although now i would feel bad for my family ;o) seriously there aint no shame in trying to forge ahead, even if the outcome is zilch...many succesful people have had more than their share of ups and downs.....hell look at Britney ;o)

#135     Sep 10, 2007
  6. ZTrader888

ZTrader888

What an idiot. I say again, post your results. At least I trade - what the hell do you do?? I think with over 4000 posts, it's fairly obvious - spend all your time here!

My strats were picked up by a HF. The live trades I posted were from my own account. If I was worried that someone might read my prior posts, I would not have responded at all.

Shooting your mouth off in 4000 posts doesn't prove you are a trader. You are exactly the type who doesn't trade at all.

Once again, post at least ONE DAY performance from your account. Methinks you are all pomp and no circumstance.

#136     Sep 10, 2007
  7. Money to the successful trader is a renewable resource as long as you still have a little to start again.

Trading isn't all about being correct as many times as you can, it's about risk management as well. This is a point the overall market is learning about and looks like many here on ET are as well.

O.P., you need to be running your trading like a business and your life according to your income. You pay bills with your pay from your job. You do not trade to pay your bills.

Jesse Livermore does a good job explaining this in his book "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" with the fur coat story. I know you've heard of the the book, maybe even have read it, READ IT AGAIN!

ALWAYS LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY, one of the crucial principles in Sun Tzu's "The Art of War", read that while you're at it as well.

O.P., the good thing about your post is that you may be closer than you think. The fact that you posted and didn't care about what anyone replies - being honest to yourself is key. You are on your way to putting ego in the back seat, something many here will never do.

Good luck to you, hope you don't give up because this thing called trading is all about the fight, getting knocked down and getting back at it. We all get knocked down, the key is to not get knocked out!

Staying alive long enough to adapt and evolve, isn't that what is so critical to the basic principles of Evolution? Why is it so much different in learning to trade? It's not. Maturity and character development are expensive traits to acquire, but they pay the student back in spades once achieved. The truly great ones even say that it's not ultimately achievable, but a constant process. The truly great artist never finishes a masterpiece, he just finally comes to a point where he is done working on it.

Good Luck!

#137     Sep 10, 2007
  8. Put it this way, it's your subconscious telling you that you need to change your behavior.

#138     Sep 10, 2007
  9. Not just a piker and a bullshitter, but also a mental defect with reading comprehension skills below first grade level. :D

Keep embarrassing yourself, piker. It makes for great entertainment.

#139     Sep 10, 2007
  10. Aisone

Aisone

Sorry to hear it.

It answers a lot of questions I had regarding your situation and actually is relieving to hear (even though the loss is certainly unfortunate.)

It says you've been doing this for a long time, and that you have overcome most discipline challenges and you will overcome this one if given the chance. If you were only trading 6 months? who knows, some people simply cannot overcome the required discipline challenges and will eventually bury themselves because of it (we have no guarantees we will succeed even if we are disciplined, but certainly are doomed if we can't grow in it.)

It also shows that you have been very disciplined by not trading in such a way that gives you frequent huge account swings...and that takes a helluva lot of discipline and is probably a strong reason why you've done it so long.

So hang in there, perhaps trade small to rebuild confidence and then the rest will come naturally.

Discipline is a daily challenge and never something imo 'completely overcome', and I suspect you know this well since you've been doing it so long.

Last September was my 'biggest bomb in years' too, where I was feeling qualified to start a thread just like this one, but I painfully regrouped, got back to the basics, waited patiently for only my best high percentage types of trade opportunities, and recovered, and I know you will too.

#140     Sep 10, 2007